Author Topic: How patient should I be?  (Read 18312 times)

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: How patient should I be?
« Reply #15: August 19, 2012, 09:16:09 PM »
Except that this requires a declaration of war with OW, which we don't have. So no, no one has been trying to lynch your priests at all.

Well, all it takes is for Sartanism to declare us as evil for the mobs to come after us. I spent too much time in the sick bed last few weeks...  ;)

You do keep banging on about that peace treaty, Lefanis, conveniently ignoring the fact that you broke the initial treaty by sending an assassin after our nobles in peacetime.

Why wouldn't I bang on about it? We banned 5 nobles and another committed ritual suicide to honor our end of the bargain, only to get backstabbed- if we hadn't banned them, you'd have attacked us anyway, claiming we didn't keep our word, and and even when we did, we got turned on with some lame excuse. Conceding (but not accepting) Arcachon as dishonourable realm which doesn't keep its word, Arcaea still  doesn't come out looking honorable or trustworthy out of something like that.

The assassin you speak of was caught and executed by Arcaea.

Raped peasants, burnt food, executed and tortured our nobles,

Since Octavio, rapings and killings were outlawed. We banned 2 nobles due to a couple of rogue incidents, which you surely know of. And of course we executed repeat offenders... And since when was execution a problem in Arcaea? They certainly didn't think twice about executing Herumen, the aforementioned Arcachonian infiltrator. Certainly different standards don't apply  ::)

executed your own nobles, repeatedly rebelled (five times, was it?) against your legitimately elected ruler...

Ha. I'm sure you know the circumstances surrounding those events. And that aside, it's funny that you'd use that to paint us in a bad light, considering that your superspy admitted to trying to instigating and extending the civil war and on one occasion called for the rebellion himself. Again the double standard- something an Arcaean hero did doesn't count as dishonesty or treachery, but his actions can and will be used to discredit all Arcachonians.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell