Author Topic: How patient should I be?  (Read 18313 times)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Re: How patient should I be?
« Reply #15: August 19, 2012, 09:43:14 PM »
Why wouldn't I bang on about it? We banned 5 nobles and another committed ritual suicide to honor our end of the bargain, only to get backstabbed- if we hadn't banned them, you'd have attacked us anyway, claiming we didn't keep our word, and and even when we did, we got turned on with some lame excuse. Conceding (but not accepting) Arcachon as dishonourable realm which doesn't keep its word, Arcaea still  doesn't come out looking honorable or trustworthy out of something like that.

You'd already broken one peace treaty. Why would we trust you to keep to another? And don't exaggerate. You didn't get backstabbed. We publicly ended the treaty (and it's arguable whether there even was a treaty, given no one in Arcaea, not even Jenred, signed anything) before we declared war. If you consider being told to your face, in the presence of other rulers, that we're declaring the treaty void and going to declare war for your crimes to be backstabbing, you've got a pretty wide definition of the term.

The assassin you speak of was caught and executed by Arcaea.

...and? That somehow excuses Arcachon for his crimes?

Since Octavio, rapings and killings were outlawed. We banned 2 nobles due to a couple of rogue incidents, which you surely know of. And of course we executed repeat offenders... And since when was execution a problem in Arcaea? They certainly didn't think twice about executing Herumen, the aforementioned Arcachonian infiltrator. Certainly different standards don't apply  ::)

We executed the one infiltrator that started the war by attacking us during peacetime. You executed several Arcaeans, and worse, you tortured pretty much any Arcaean you got your hands on. You burned any possible peaceful resolution with that.

I'm sure you know the circumstances surrounding those events. And that aside, it's funny that you'd use that to paint us in a bad light, considering that your superspy admitted to trying to instigating and extending the civil war and on one occasion called for the rebellion himself. Again the double standard- something an Arcaean hero did doesn't count as dishonesty or treachery, but his actions can and will be used to discredit all Arcachonians.

The "Arcaean hero" didn't execute his own nobles. You did, just because they were on the wrong side of the rebellion and couldn't get away quick enough. That's cold by anyone's standards.