Author Topic: How patient should I be?  (Read 18218 times)

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
Re: How patient should I be?
« Reply #30: August 19, 2012, 10:08:15 PM »
Can we get back to helping the newbie, perhaps? :-P
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: August 19, 2012, 10:13:38 PM »
Shush you with your "kindness" and "good suggestions". :P

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: August 19, 2012, 10:16:32 PM »
Hey, this does help the newbie. Gets him a good introduction into BattleMaster politics and propaganda.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

egamma

« Reply #33: August 20, 2012, 03:56:18 AM »
I would like to suggest you join an "evil" realm. Suggestions:

Outer Tilog (cannibal, etc)
Caligan Empire (bully empire)

Here are some "fun" realms:
Barony of Makar (drunken Vikings)

Struggling realms (sometimes it's fun to lose):
D'Hara/Barca/Terran/Kabrinskia
Assassins
Hammarsett/Coria
Ohnar West

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: August 20, 2012, 04:09:45 AM »
Struggling realms (sometimes it's fun to lose Losing Is Fun):

T, FTFY.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: August 20, 2012, 05:39:54 AM »
He is already IN barony of Makar - hence why he made the thread. LOL
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: August 20, 2012, 05:46:30 AM »
You'd already broken one peace treaty. Why would we trust you to keep to another?

Uhm... Then why suggest it in the first place? Or are you saying Arcaea merely suggested it to make us weaken ourselves in the process? Arcaea suggested a treaty, and when Arcachon goes out of the way to uphold it's terms, you attack anyway. Thats the textbook definition of backstabbing.

We executed the one infiltrator that started the war by attacking us during peacetime. You executed several Arcaeans,

This is the first time I'm hearing that executing an infilitrator in war is worse than doing so in peace.   ::)

We killed your assassins, you killed ours. There is no difference. Hell, we were more lenient than Arcaea was, we deported two infils who just returned to Arcaea and went at us again. After that point, we were just obliged to put them down permanently. Arcaea just had a larger population of assassins and killers (Arcaeans seem to have a natural affinity towards it) who paid the price. After Herumen, Arcachon never stooped to using assassins.

you tortured pretty much any Arcaean you got your hands on. You burned any possible peaceful resolution with that.
Shinya tortured Breonna the traitor, and one other guy who's name I have forgotten.  Thats the extent of the torture in Arcachon. Hardly "pretty much every Arcaean". Later, Shinya committed ritual suicide as penance.

The "Arcaean hero" didn't execute his own nobles. You did, just because they were on the wrong side of the rebellion and couldn't get away quick enough. That's cold by anyone's standards.

All this time you have been saying that the length of the civil war, and the fact that there were repeat rebellions indicted us as as traitors and untrustworthy. But as I pointed out, your spy confessed to being the one responsible for keeping the rebellions happening! The same guy who is a hero in Arcaea.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: August 20, 2012, 05:52:26 AM »
I'm one of Arcaea's assassins, so I can't give my opinion on this.

From what I know of history, both nations are corrupt. Well, who the hell isn't? I love these arguments and how folks really think there's any point to arguing their enemy is corrupt when every single realm in existence is corrupt and playing dirty all the same. :-P The cleanest realm I've ever been in is by far Terran in Dwilight and we just went through a miniature civil war because our Judge was a sociopathic serial killer who plotted to overthrow multiple governments, imprisoned our leader, and banned 1/3rd of the nation (including myself), lol.

NO nation is perfect.

Knight Royan

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: August 21, 2012, 08:39:30 AM »
Hey I am also from the Combine, Vito here. I joined Far East, Principality of Zonas and they are very friendly to me. You should come here!

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #39: August 21, 2012, 09:34:28 AM »
I am always friendly, Blueskin. 

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: August 22, 2012, 06:31:18 AM »
A small correction about the continents,
You can create a character on Dwilight, you must immigrate to Belluaterra.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: August 22, 2012, 11:13:53 AM »
Dunnera in the East Continent is a new realm and looking out for new players, its a very active, out reaching and exciting place where new players are activley helped.

Then theres Eponnyl and Amonia on that continent that both have a good war against each other.

On Beluaterra theres Thalmarkin, Melhed, Riombara and Enweil which have helpful players and a war looming over the horizon.

On Dwilight its indeed Aurvendil, Falrkirian freestate, Fissoa, the lurian realms, Terran, Karbinskia, Asylon and D'hara that are exciting.

I wouldnt advise the colonies as a new player, for its slow pace.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: August 22, 2012, 02:30:52 PM »
Nivemus is also on the East Continent and has some RP and history to delve into if that is your kind of thing. It is an easy place to learn game mechanics too, because even though we aren't in a war, we go around fighting with the various undead and monster infestations that pop up. Some of our nobles have even gained a good bit of honor from actively hunting monsters and undead.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: August 24, 2012, 03:44:57 AM »
I try to send all new players a welcoming message shortly after they join any realm I'm playing in.

I'd recommend FEI as well, as even the larger realms are relatively small in comparison with realms on the larger islands. Plus, there is a fairly large war going on right now.  I can only speak for Kindara and Arcaea, but both are relatively active.
+1. I have been doing the same thing, welcoming all new players to the realm. If that realm not replying, come join the slow-paced island of 1 turn a day at Colonies island. Come join Oritolon, we have lot of things coming up :P

Sometime I wonder whether 2 out of my 3 characters are Mentors and deserve a better incentive to continue as Mentors? Apply to other players interested in taking up Mentors subclass as well. Maybe I should come out with a Feature request but I hear Mentors is about to come to an end ???
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

egamma

« Reply #44: August 24, 2012, 05:08:59 AM »
I'd say that Oriolton is more interesting to play in than Darka, and probably would be for your average player. That may not last, but given the way the war is going on Atamara...

Oriolton is even more interesting to me than Arcaea, but that's because my character's the judge of Oriolton and is in the middle of some judicial reform, whereas my Arcaean character is playing DiploMaster to some scarred regions. I expect those in Arcaea who are down south fighting the war are having a lot of fun.