Author Topic: Quintarianism  (Read 14206 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Quintarianism
« Topic Start: August 19, 2012, 11:00:30 PM »
Well, Quintarianism is now fully funded, and will be founded by this time tomorrow in Ajitmon, Riombara. I've got pledges of support from three Lords, and several other vague noises of interest.

If you liked Qyrvaggism because it was in Riombara and began with a Q, you'll love Quintarianism! ....That's about all the two have in common, though.

Though it will be founded in Riombara, it is firmly intended to be a non-realm-centric religion. That does not mean apolitical: Liara has absolutely no intention of either ignoring or trying to be neutral in politics, but her first thought will be for the religion's welfare, not the realm's.

So come, join us, spread Quintarianism far and wide across Beluaterra!

(And if anyone likes the ideas in the religion, but really dislikes the idea of sharing a religion with me and/or Riombara for some reason, ask me about the built-in variant/enemy religion, Quadrenism!)
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Quintarianism
« Reply #1: August 19, 2012, 11:23:55 PM »
I shall enjoy cutting the thumbs off each and every one of your demon worshiping Quintarian priests!
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: August 19, 2012, 11:26:56 PM »
Always the same with those daimon worshippers in the North!

This might go somewhere, I'm very interested in the Religion, hope it will go well :) Riombara is seeing lots of new Religions pop up, let's see how long they manage to keep them all happy :P

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: August 19, 2012, 11:57:57 PM »
Happy? Where's the fun in that?

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: August 20, 2012, 12:01:02 AM »
Woo!

Arkha'an will be founded in Rio as well <3 I have 6-7 supporters and a number of folks going to Rio specifically to join the religion, including 2 Priests, so this will be very fun! I'd like for our religions to be allied at first while we're starting off to avoid slowing our growth. We can get all up in each others faces once we're properly established ;-)
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: August 20, 2012, 12:01:46 AM »
Happy? Where's the fun in that?

Um, duh?

If the realm keeps the religions happy, the religions will do their best to help the realm. If the realm makes the religions angry, the religions wreak havoc.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: August 20, 2012, 12:16:07 AM »
Um, duh?

If the realm keeps the religions happy, the religions will do their best to help the realm. If the realm makes the religions angry, the religions wreak havoc.

Yes look at what Alluran did to the Kingdom of Alluran. To be fair though in that case the Head Priest's other character was also a Duke
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: August 20, 2012, 12:31:26 AM »
He he he. While I was ruler of KoA, I think the Alluran religion died twice, from lack of priests and lack of interest. It never had any kind of content or theology.

Anyway, having the two religions be friendly toward each other? Meh... sounds way boring. Religions should be intolerant.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: August 20, 2012, 12:33:24 AM »
At first.

Thing is, I helped work on Quintarianism via the AP chatroom lol. We have a few things in common but we're totally different in many respects.

My only point is that hating each other from the get-go is !@#$ing stupid and will get us nowhere. Better to neutral/friendly at first and then diverge.

Me, I'd rather not be at war with another religion founded in Rio - I'd rather demonize all the other religions elsewhere LOL.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: August 20, 2012, 12:34:43 AM »
He he he. While I was ruler of KoA, I think the Alluran religion died twice, from lack of priests and lack of interest. It never had any kind of content or theology.

Anyway, having the two religions be friendly toward each other? Meh... sounds way boring. Religions should be intolerant.

Well there was only 1 player with priest in it at the time as well :)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: August 20, 2012, 12:40:09 AM »
Well there was only 1 player with priest in it at the time as well :)

There was only 1 player in Alluran for a lot of its life.

He had a lot of accounts, but there was only 1 player.
Timothy Collett

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #11: August 20, 2012, 12:56:00 AM »
Funny enough the CoH is spreading to Rio.  Suppose we'll see how all that goes.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: August 20, 2012, 01:02:57 AM »
You don't have to be at war to be intolerant. All those mamby-pamby "can't we all just get along?" religions are the epitome of boring. That's why they get nowhere, and die off when the founder eventually wanders off to do something that will hold his interests.

It may seem like I'm just being snarky, but this actually some friendly advice. (And good advice, if I do say so myself.) Take a stand and generate some true controversy. Take some risks. That is what attracts players and keeps them interested. If you keep people reigned in and be all snuggles and cuddles with other religions, you'll crash and burn. (But it will really be crash and smoulder, because there won't be enough of your religion to actually catch fire and burn.)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: August 20, 2012, 01:08:52 AM »
You don't have to be at war to be intolerant. All those mamby-pamby "can't we all just get along?" religions are the epitome of boring. That's why they get nowhere, and die off when the founder eventually wanders off to do something that will hold his interests.

It may seem like I'm just being snarky, but this actually some friendly advice. (And good advice, if I do say so myself.) Take a stand and generate some true controversy. Take some risks. That is what attracts players and keeps them interested. If you keep people reigned in and be all snuggles and cuddles with other religions, you'll crash and burn. (But it will really be crash and smoulder, because there won't be enough of your religion to actually catch fire and burn.)

Agreed, even if all you do is bitch about the other religions you don't like the religion would be far superior to most the offerings. People seem to think that starting a "tolerant" religion is the key to ensuring that nobody will try to destroy it, while forgetting that you need some core reason for people to be passionate about the faith.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: August 20, 2012, 01:24:48 AM »
Indeed, but there are many, many religions to be intolerant towards. ;-)