Author Topic: Quintarianism  (Read 14222 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Quintarianism
« Reply #15: August 20, 2012, 01:41:16 AM »
Being intolerant toward a religion that only exists on the opposite end of the island isn't very useful. You need to pick something closer to home, so your followers have something to do. This also creates possibilities for incidents and the promise of coming conflict.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: August 20, 2012, 01:44:15 AM »
Riombara has outlawed religious war. Any religion that declares another religion in Riombara as evil gets itself banned.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: August 20, 2012, 02:10:26 AM »
*yawn* ... Riombara.

You don't have to declare a religion evil to fight against it. You just need to be a bit more creative.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: August 20, 2012, 02:31:31 AM »
I don't want to go through the bull!@#$ that's going on in Arcaea. Elders and Sartan are fighting and its really !@#$ing annoying me. So. Much. Spam. And !@#$ty RP. Nope, no thank you. I'd prefer a proper goal over fighting for the sake of fighting.

RP for the sake of RP and good RP are two different beasts, and frankly, most folks are too stupid to differentiate between the two.

Starting a brand new religion that hates its fellow brand new religion is prime ground for the older, established religions to just sweep in and take us both out. We need to gather strength at first before being a bunch of idiots.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: August 20, 2012, 03:17:40 AM »
*yawn* ... Riombara.

You don't have to declare a religion evil to fight against it. You just need to be a bit more creative.

Put it as variant and then let it absorb you. THEN destroy it from the inside! Muahahahahaahahahaha!

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: August 20, 2012, 03:20:05 AM »
I don't want to go through the bull!@#$ that's going on in Arcaea. Elders and Sartan are fighting and its really !@#$ing annoying me. So. Much. Spam. And !@#$ty RP. Nope, no thank you. I'd prefer a proper goal over fighting for the sake of fighting.

RP for the sake of RP and good RP are two different beasts, and frankly, most folks are too stupid to differentiate between the two.

Starting a brand new religion that hates its fellow brand new religion is prime ground for the older, established religions to just sweep in and take us both out. We need to gather strength at first before being a bunch of idiots.

Exactly.

I'll need to study the theology of Arkha'an before I can make any kind of determination, but for all I know, it could end up being (from Liara's point of view) a variant of Quintarianism.

That seems unlikely, but it's a long way off from impossible. I expect the most likely relationship between Quintarianism and Arkha'an will be a more-or-less friendly rivalry.

Given that there are already 2 extant religions in Riombara, I wonder if we could get temples to all 4 built in one region, and make it a kind of ecumenical meeting place, where prominent members of religions can come to debate their comparative theologies in peace? Now that would be fun! ;D
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: August 20, 2012, 03:43:53 AM »
That would be pretty badass. I never see two religions band together to !@#$ everyone else up. I think having a friendly rivalry would rock. We don't have to be totally peaceful either, we can have our warrior castes who duel each other for glory and the favor of the gods, heh.

I'm thinking of changing the name to something more or less 'generic' like Essence of Primordium, or just Primordium. *shrug* I'm not sure how much folks might enjoy Arkha'an. (Usually pronounced Our Khan, or hilariously enough, Arcaean)

I hate the -isms and church of-'s. I like going for a more archaic feel. Arkha'an is the actual name because, much like the Church of Sartan, it is centered around a single god - in my case Arkha'an of course. Different from Sartan (and this was a source of much fighting and blowing up of my inbox on my Sartan-worshipping character >_<) he is not the patron god nor the highest, strongest god of the pantheon, he is simply the guardian of mankind, god of justice, and in my original story, the creator of mankind. (He shaped Humanity from soil and his Aetheric essence, which was then given shape by the Highest Divines. Each of my primary gods picked a material and had a race created from their essence, but that doesn't come into play in BM so there's no point going into detail)

My religion doesn't demonize other religions nor does it claim to be the only true religion. It believes the gods of other religions are legitimate and hold power, and that our gods are at war, or rivals or, and rarely but sometimes friends of, these other pantheons and many gods. I like to break away from the usual my-god-is-better-than-your-god mentality and your-gods-dont-exist idealism and instead embrace all religions while maintaining a healthy rivalry in the place of outright ignorant cynicism.

You don't have to deny the existence of other gods to have fun and have a solid, well-structured, loyal following ;-)
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: August 20, 2012, 05:12:42 AM »
Heathens, the lot of you!
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: August 20, 2012, 05:31:36 AM »
GAH!!!!  Need to get Kelley's place sold and me promoted and everything so I can GET BACK IN THE GAME!!!

Tim, you'll have two priests as soon as I can get them to you.  Although one of them may go Quadrene.  The potential inherent in having the bastard son go be a Priest of the Bastard and the trueborn son go help lead the Quadrenes may be too much for me to pass up.

Or, admittedly, have the sons switch...That could be even more amusing...
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: August 20, 2012, 05:40:34 AM »
I think the biggest problem you will have is that there isn't much space in Riombara for that many religions. You'll either need to push outside the realm or settle for having a pretty small base.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: August 20, 2012, 05:48:07 AM »
W

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: August 20, 2012, 05:49:03 AM »
We both stated we're not staying in Rio alone ;-)

Also, Rio's native religions are practically dead. I was speaking to the priest in charge of that dragon religion and the religion is dead as !@#$.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: August 20, 2012, 06:01:12 AM »
Bah!  Couldn't wait, character on EC, chomping to end up on BT, will have to do some fighting somewhere to get the H/P needed (what is that these days, anyway?) and get to Rio in time to take over the Bastard's Order.

If I can stand the lack of sleep, I will do a second character and get another priest out there.  We'll see how that goes.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: August 20, 2012, 06:03:56 AM »
We'll be glad to have the addition, mate!

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: August 20, 2012, 06:06:55 AM »
I've got 4 nobles now, 1 on BT- Rio (Warrior-Hero, Lord, soon to be Priest), 2 in FE-Arcaea (Assassin and a Warrior-{Paladin} - Paladin is leaving for BT-Rio once he's got some H/P), and one in Dwilight-Terran (Warrior-Chevalier, Lord, Marshal, possibly soon-to-be "Monarch")

I can't wait til our religions are up.

I tried to find Quint on the wiki but nothing. Have you set a Wiki up yet?