Author Topic: Something new!  (Read 9085 times)

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
Re: Something new!
« Reply #15: August 16, 2012, 09:09:49 AM »
The south will be the scene of much intrigue and change in the coming month and beyond. ;-)

Terran, D'hara, and Barca will be facing many new changes. Honestly, if I could choose, I'd still join one of these three since they're so primed for massive changes in coming times. I get tired of well-established nations ruled by the same exact people for ages :P Despite the fact that I joined Terran hoping for exactly that, HAHA, it has turned out to be quite the opposite. I've been playing, what, two months? I became Lord, Senator, Vice-Marshal, Marshal, and now I have about a dozen people annoying me and asking me to become General, and I have my own personal ambitions of course... Much lays upon the horizon. I *love* how Terran allows its new players to take power if they wish it and do much with it if they are the ambitious type. Its something you don't seem often since its usually the same old players recycling influence and command while everyone else boringly sits around taking orders without a chance to make things interesting. Half of Terran's Lords are players who have joined very recently, most newest than myself, including 1 or 2 that I recruited to BM through Haven&Hearth and Bay12. The others I recruited are in Kabrinskia, Astrum, Morek, and a few other places, I can't ever remember who the hell it is I recruited since the names they use in BM are totally different than the ones I know them by, hehe.

I *LOVE* Dwilight. Sure, the name makes me cringe, but the players! The intrigue! The realms! The politics! The religions! Oh my! I would totally start a religion in Dwilight and counter SA for the fun of it if I wasn't so hellbent on being a warrior. :P Meh, since we can change classes, maybe I'll become a Priest someday when everything dies down. Who knows what the future holds?

That's the fun part!
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: August 16, 2012, 09:13:59 AM »
Morek, then. We have so much food, we got Tom to change the code! Come get your share and start thinking of ways to use it.

We had that problem a while ago too

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #17: August 16, 2012, 02:45:25 PM »
Remember remember the huge overall surplus is gone.  Now you have a small overall surplus at 100% production.  Spring is not 100% production.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: August 16, 2012, 05:08:18 PM »
So you're saying we can only wage war in the fall now, otherwise our regions will rebel? That's pretty rediculous foundation in my opinion. Half our dang regions are in the negtive and Theirs no way we can actually wage war without half our sources of gold rebelling due to low food. It has been WAY to long since I've had a good battle!

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: August 16, 2012, 05:12:02 PM »
So you're saying we can only wage war in the fall now, otherwise our regions will rebel? That's pretty rediculous foundation in my opinion. Half our dang regions are in the negtive and Theirs no way we can actually wage war without half our sources of gold rebelling due to low food. It has been WAY to long since I've had a good battle!

I think that what it actually means is that wars will have to be limited in length.

You have to save up food for two or three years, then wage war for a summer/fall. Then save up food for two or three years, then wage war again. The objective of wars would be to destroy the enemy's food production, then have food of your own ready to stabilize conquered regions.

Which is not the kind of war Aurvandil likes to fight. Ya'll like barnstorming urban assaults and drawn-out marching wars of big armies.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: August 16, 2012, 05:34:58 PM »
To quote numerous someone elses:

"It's supposed to be Battlemaster, not Foodmaster."

I'm happy to wait to see how a full year of seasons (without a bugged, extra-long winter thrown in) shakes out before I pass further judgment, but the last month or so has been pretty painful. I'm about to table a second potentially interesting war because we're still on very shaky ground food-wise. If we sent armies out now, the realm would start to fall apart again within days.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: August 16, 2012, 05:37:39 PM »
To quote numerous someone elses:

"It's supposed to be Battlemaster, not Foodmaster."

I'm happy to wait to see how a full year of seasons (without a bugged, extra-long winter thrown in) shakes out before I pass further judgment, but the last month or so has been pretty painful. I'm about to table a second potentially interesting war because we're still on very shaky ground food-wise. If we sent armies out now, the realm would start to fall apart again within days.

Yup.

Problem is, many of us will be just trying to address starvation with all the summer harvests, no rollover: we'll just have autumn harvests to get us through winter. And if autumn is your only surplus, you're doomed to starvation (unless you have bountiful harvests the entire fall maybe). SO I'd say it'll be two years before it all shakes out.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: August 17, 2012, 07:55:38 AM »
D'Hara is not dead. We're just resting.

... We're very heavy sleepers.  :'(
------
qui audet vincit

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: August 17, 2012, 07:58:00 AM »

Holy crap there's a Kinsey in D'Hara. Yeeeah you guys don't need to worry.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #24: August 17, 2012, 03:06:53 PM »
Nah, this Kinsey is different, his brother takes all his energies. :P

He's forced to rest all the time.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

egamma

« Reply #25: August 17, 2012, 03:36:40 PM »
Nah, this Kinsey is different, his brother takes all his energies. :P

He's forced to rest all the time.

It's all part of the plan. Solaria will be exhausted by the time they reach Sallowtown.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: August 17, 2012, 03:38:16 PM »
Solarian soldiers marching through the Dragon Isles:

*Yawn* "Why do we feel so sleeepy..... zzzz"
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: August 17, 2012, 03:42:42 PM »
Zounds! They've carpeted the islands with....poppies!!

The cunning fiends!
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

egamma

« Reply #28: August 17, 2012, 07:52:13 PM »
Zounds! They've carpeted the islands with....poppies!!

The cunning fiends!

Raviel is the original source of Bloodmoon fruit, if any of them make it that far.