Author Topic: Apocalyptic Hunger  (Read 15079 times)

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Apocalyptic Hunger
« Reply #15: August 24, 2012, 01:22:44 AM »
The flood of Noah?

Surely you should just stick to events that are physically possible...

Also the Circassian genocide / mass deportations

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: August 24, 2012, 01:32:35 AM »
Surely you should just stick to events that are physically possible...

Also the Circassian genocide / mass deportations

With regards to the "Great flood", while it is one thing to consider it physically impossible, one must look at such a view with a grain of salt.

Nearly every old culture has a story or cultural adherence to some "great flood" not just Christianity/Judaism/Islam.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: August 24, 2012, 01:38:43 AM »
With regards to the "Great flood", while it is one thing to consider it physically impossible, one must look at such a view with a grain of salt.

Nearly every old culture has a story or cultural adherence to some "great flood" not just Christianity/Judaism/Islam.

The flood isn't the bit i'd contest...

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: August 24, 2012, 01:40:21 AM »
There was a separate thread if you want to discuss that.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: August 24, 2012, 01:43:49 AM »
!@#$ it.

(I just realized my TLDR and Nickelback comments were made for the OTHER thread that split from this. Woops.)

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/religion
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: August 24, 2012, 07:28:05 AM »
Wow. This thread derailed the first time because of the religon/Noah's flood thing. Then it was split to preserve the topic.

Then it happened a second time... in the exact same way. Crazy!
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: August 24, 2012, 07:32:55 AM »
Yeah, beyond weird. Can we all get back on topic? lol
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: August 24, 2012, 07:36:31 AM »
Can we all get back on topic? lol

I'M HUNGRY!!
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: August 24, 2012, 07:46:36 AM »
Don't even JOKE. I've been stuck at home with no food all day waiting for my house-mate to come home so I could use his charger to charge my phone and order food. 1:44 AM and NADA. !@#$er had a show to play with his band most likely. SO, I'm phoneless so I have no alarm to wake me up in the morning for work and no food, so I went and bought a sub, some candy, a slim-jim, and vitamin water at the local 24/7 store across town and now am bunkering down to stay up ALL NIGHT so I can actually go to work in the morning.

Quick! Lets do some epic RPs in Dwilight >_> Keep me awake... My leg is !@#$ing killing me from walking to the store, I keep forgetting to get more meds for the pain, heh.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: August 24, 2012, 08:24:19 AM »
The bubonic plague, Irish potato famine, and 1918 flu outbreak are the ones I would have mentioned.

But, I think this does show that it was quite a significant event for Dwilight to have occurred. It has literally changed the history of the continent. It shut down the war between Kabrinskia and Asylon on its own.

"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: August 24, 2012, 08:30:34 AM »
now am bunkering down to stay up ALL NIGHT so I can actually go to work in the morning.

Dude... google... the internet... it's your friend... here... http://onlineclock.net/ .... get some sleep.

But, I think this does show that it was quite a significant event for Dwilight to have occurred. It has literally changed the history of the continent. It shut down the war between Kabrinskia and Asylon on its own.

It should definitely have some awesome historical stuff written up for it on the Wiki.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: August 24, 2012, 09:01:02 AM »
After all it's a roleplaying game.

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: August 24, 2012, 11:16:56 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_and_anthropogenic_disasters_by_death_toll

Genghis Khan wins, if you count by percentage of the World population.

http://harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=25 :-)

I was looking to make a Nomadic Genghis Khan styled realm on dwilight :)

Poliorketes

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: August 24, 2012, 02:19:35 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_and_anthropogenic_disasters_by_death_toll

Genghis Khan wins, if you count by percentage of the World population.

http://harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=25 :-)

Nah... It wasn't so bad. It was over 250 years... It's like accounting the deaths over all the Roman expansion.

Although I would like to see a Mongol invasion in dwilight!!!  ;D

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: August 24, 2012, 02:29:18 PM »
Nah... It wasn't so bad. It was over 250 years... It's like accounting the deaths over all the Roman expansion.

That's true, in terms of a single-year continent-wide event, I think only the Spanish flu comes close.
After all it's a roleplaying game.