Author Topic: Television Shows  (Read 4664 times)

MaleMaldives

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Television Shows
« Topic Start: March 31, 2011, 07:28:56 AM »
Anything about TV. Whats your favorite show/series? Whats new that's good? Talk about aspects of current running shows (I would bash Lost if it was still running, but I think the disappoint of that show has passed already).

Death Note is my all time favorite show. Since watching it all other shows now seem worse because they can't live up to my expectation of what Death Note was.

My favorite show currently running now is Modern Family. I have a spanish mother and white father so I can easily relate a third of the jokes.
House is pretty interesting, but I think it is starting to jump the shark.

songqu88@gmail.com

Re: Television Shows
« Reply #1: March 31, 2011, 02:31:03 PM »
The Simpsons.

Also, people on IRC know about my recent discovery of this anime named after a cleaning solution. Clorox? Lysol? Bleach? I forgot. But there are musicals too and they're fun.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: March 31, 2011, 02:33:05 PM »
Still watching back-issues of Scrubs and King of the Hill. Flashpoint is an interesting diversion, as well as NCIS. Of course, I have no idea how old some of these are because we get back-dated stuff :)

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: March 31, 2011, 03:16:52 PM »
Mythbusters and Entourage :)

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: April 01, 2011, 05:53:47 AM »
Oh boy *deep breath*

The Fast Show, Ruddy Hell! It's Harry and Paul, Dead Ringers, Castle, Firefly, The Simpsons, South Park, Big Bang Theory, QI, Have I Got News For You, Never Mind The Buzzcocks, Top Gear, Mythbusters, Miami Ink (after Kat Von D buggered off, I hate that skank), Lockdown, Band Of Brothers, The Pacific, Rome, The Wire, The Tudors, The Pillars of The Earth, The Walking Dead, Hawaii Five-O, Heroes (the first 2 seasons), Earthworm Jim, Freakazoid, Animaniacs, ...

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: April 01, 2011, 10:18:41 AM »
Top 5:
Archer
Band of Brothers
Spartacus
Top Gear
Merlin
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

wraith

• Knight
  • Da Hadez Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: April 01, 2011, 11:46:39 PM »
UK TV is appauling. Even the news and political shows are so dumbed down now they are pointless. There is the occasional decent documentary but noting really good entertainment-wise for  while so I tend to cherrypick on DVD.

Some decent topical comedy shows, though; Russel Howard's Good News, Mock The Week, Have I Got News For You and the 10 o'clock show.

Best of the UK; Red Dwarf, Yes Minister/Yes Prime Minister, Monty Python, Fawlty Towers, Doctor Who (any year), Mighty Boosh, Father Ted, Black Books, IT Crowd, Blackadder

From the U.S: Battlestar Galactica, Babylon 5, Simpsons, Futurama, Millenium, Scrubs
"There are 11 kinds of people in the world; those who do not understand binary, those who think they understand binary and those who understand endianness."

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: April 01, 2011, 11:51:19 PM »
UK TV is appauling. Even the news and political shows are so dumbed down now they are pointless. There is the occasional decent documentary but noting really good entertainment-wise for  while so I tend to cherrypick on DVD.

Simple shows for simple people  ;D
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

MaleMaldives

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: April 02, 2011, 07:26:43 AM »
Heroes (the first 2 seasons)

So true. Show got so bad afterwords.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: April 02, 2011, 10:16:54 AM »
So true. Show got so bad afterwords.

Glad I"m not missing much. Only saw the first two seasons.