Author Topic: [Forum Game] Assassins: Murder in Masahakon  (Read 67511 times)

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
Re: [Forum Game] Assassins: Murder in Masahakon
« Reply #30: August 24, 2012, 07:44:48 PM »
I can be a sub, unless you have inconveniences with me spamming the game    ::)

peace!

Barek (jerm)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: August 24, 2012, 07:44:58 PM »
i trust you implicitly

That's for the best.
You should take everything I say with a grain of salt.  But I'm not a werewolf.  Really.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: August 24, 2012, 08:03:12 PM »
The First Night

Yvonne stretches languidly, resisting the urge to go to bed. She still had so many documents to draft for the other Diplomats. Peace treaties, changes of region allegiance, food trades...it never seemed to end.

"Perhaps a quick walk will wake me up," she thinks to herself. Stepping outside the tent, she glances around. Night had fallen while she worked, and the forests of Edairn were beautiful in the moonlight. The Cathayan retinue had set up camp in a clearing a short distance from a river, and Yvonne walked in that direction, thinking to fetch some water for tea. She walked past a guard who made as if to follow, but she waved him away.

"Don't worry, it's perfectly safe. I'm not going far," she said as she rolled her eyes. "With the jumpiness of the guards, you'd think assassins were everywhere," she thought.

Taking a small path that meandered through the woods, she whistled softly to herself. The woods seemed to almost glow at night, with the moonlight filtering through the branches. Engrossed in looking around her, she almost fell into the river and jumped back, surprised.

"Hah, that would have made me look a right fo-" She stops mid-sentence and looks down, shocked, at the long blade that has appeared out of her chest. The Assassin behind her viciously twists his sword and Yvonne cries out in agony before sliding to the ground. As she dies, she glimpses a dark shape walking calmly away to disappear in the trees.

The first murder has been committed and the game has started! Start your votes for the first execution!

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: August 24, 2012, 08:04:30 PM »
VOTE SLAPSTICKS

It went well in the other game
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Barek (jerm)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: August 24, 2012, 08:07:38 PM »
vote slapsticks

We'll just check to see if he's an assassin or not.
You should take everything I say with a grain of salt.  But I'm not a werewolf.  Really.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: August 24, 2012, 08:09:41 PM »
I assume that we have 4 assassins to match our 11 players.

If we lynch one per day, that puts us at (worst case scenario):

day 1 4 - 7 > 4 - 6 > day 2 4 - 5 > 4 - 4 and loss during the night

So we get one mislynch.

If we double kill today,

4 - 7 > 4 - 5 > 4 - 4

So we need to kill one person today but not two people and we've got a single mislynch.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”

Barek (jerm)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: August 24, 2012, 08:10:53 PM »
I'm hoping 3 assassins.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: August 24, 2012, 08:11:19 PM »
VOTE Barek (jerm) .
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: August 24, 2012, 08:12:32 PM »
3 assassins is kind of too easy. We should assume 4 assassins and go with the 1 mislynch strategy.

If you're the cop and you got an innocent, contact your innocent and tell him to out himself as your inno, and he can lead a lynch. Guardian protects the inno.

If you're the cop and you got a guilty, out yourself as cop and point at your guilty and the guardian will protect you.

Barek (jerm)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: August 24, 2012, 08:12:49 PM »
VOTE Barek (jerm) .

who is clearly not an assassin.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: August 24, 2012, 08:13:40 PM »
unvote slapsticks

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: August 24, 2012, 08:14:56 PM »
3 assassins is kind of too easy. We should assume 4 assassins and go with the 1 mislynch strategy.

If you're the cop and you got an innocent, contact your innocent and tell him to out himself as your inno, and he can lead a lynch. Guardian protects the inno.

If you're the cop and you got a guilty, out yourself as cop and point at your guilty and the guardian will protect you.

Not cop, seer.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: August 24, 2012, 08:17:09 PM »
Not seer, Sage. :P

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: August 24, 2012, 08:18:09 PM »
I assume that we have 4 assassins to match our 11 players.
Wait... if we there are 7 to 4, and we get it wrong and kill a diplomat, then they kill a diplomat, then it's 5 to 4 after the first day. Then one more day and it's game over. That's a bit too short, isn't it? But then again, 4-7 means a 37% chance the we guess right? So, better to go for a double-lynching every day?

Hmm...
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Barek (jerm)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: August 24, 2012, 08:19:44 PM »
I dislike the idea of double-lynchings.  I think the reward to risk is not great enough.  But votes will tell.