Author Topic: [Forum Game] Assassins: Murder in Masahakon  (Read 68612 times)

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: [Forum Game] Assassins: Murder in Masahakon
« Reply #45: August 24, 2012, 08:19:57 PM »
Wait... if we there are 7 to 4, and we get it wrong and kill a diplomat, then they kill a diplomat, then it's 5 to 4 after the first day. Then one more day and it's game over. That's a bit too short, isn't it? But then again, 4-7 means a 37% chance the we guess right? So, better to go for a double-lynching every day?

Hmm...

No. We should regular lynch today and if we hit a diplomat we double lynch tomorrow. Allowing them to kill a diplomat betters the odds for us so delaying the instance where we have to lynch or lose is a good thing,

Edit: but once we ARE in a lynch-or-lose scenario, then we want to double lynch because magnitude of loss is no big deal, we just want to hit a assassin no matter what. Right now, we don't NEED to hit a mafia, we just want to. So we single lynch with either the sage or the sage's innocent leading the lynch.

edited for SMA
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 08:28:00 PM by Slapsticks »
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Barek (jerm)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: August 24, 2012, 08:20:16 PM »
I especially dislike double-lynchings early, when we're purely guessing.
You should take everything I say with a grain of salt.  But I'm not a werewolf.  Really.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: August 24, 2012, 08:21:01 PM »
Oh. Well, I'm new at this, so I'll trust you. At least until I figure out how this thing works.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Barek (jerm)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: August 24, 2012, 08:22:14 PM »
No. We should regular lynch today and if we hit a diplomat we double lynch tomorrow. Allowing them to kill a diplomat betters the odds for us so delaying the instance where we have to lynch or lose is a good thing,

Edit: but once we ARE in a lynch-or-lose scenario, then we want to double lynch because magnitude of loss is no big deal, we just want to hit a mafia no matter what. Right now, we don't NEED to hit a mafia, we just want to. So we single lynch with either the cop or the cop's innocent leading the lynch.

unvote slapsticks
You should take everything I say with a grain of salt.  But I'm not a werewolf.  Really.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: August 24, 2012, 08:25:09 PM »
So we single lynch with either the cop or the cop's innocent leading the lynch.
What does it mean to "lead the lynch"?

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: August 24, 2012, 08:26:41 PM »
What does it mean to "lead the lynch"?

Point the finger and tell us who to kill. Either the sage's innocent kills an unknown who's giving tells or the sage tells us to kill the guy he investigated and found guilty.

edited for SMA
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: August 24, 2012, 08:33:46 PM »
Point the finger and tell us who to kill. Either the sage's innocent kills an unknown who's giving tells or the sage tells us to kill the guy he investigated and found guilty.
But... wouldn't that mean that the assassin's would be smart to not kill the guy "leading"? Because he's either not the sage, or he's protected by the angel. But then since the assassins won't want to kill the lead guy, then it makes no sense to protect him, or to not have the sage lead the charge... But diplos have to plan in public... so they can't really hide their intentions...

Damn. This is going to tie my brain in knots...

I think I'm going to need some Excedrin before this turn is even half done.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: August 24, 2012, 08:39:43 PM »
But... wouldn't that mean that the assassin's would be smart to not kill the guy "leading"? Because he's either not the sage, or he's protected by the angel. But then since the assassins won't want to kill the lead guy, then it makes no sense to protect him, or to not have the sage lead the charge... But diplos have to plan in public... so they can't really hide their intentions...

Damn. This is going to tie my brain in knots...

I think I'm going to need some Excedrin before this turn is even half done.

Yeah, you end up with a "he knows I know he knows I know" scenario.

Though, to be honest, we want a diplomat to die since it helps our odds, and the GA can't protect himself, I think.

It's just better for the sage to protect the outed innocent since the odds of protecting the same person that gets shot (other than the outed inno) is one in ten.

Ross

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: August 24, 2012, 08:40:15 PM »
Weshouldtry that.

Ross makes a speech to the diplomats assembly:

Dear assassins,

While we do firmly believe how necessary it is to randomly lynch people without enough proofs and trials, we don't want to kill innocent, valuable and loyal diplomats like me. If one of you wishes to confess is crime, quick and painless death will be offered (except for Slapsticks he likes dying too much and he's clearly sadomasochist) . I know you are concerned to the well-being of our group.

With love,
Ross

Now let's hope an assassin replies to us.
Atamara:    Dwilight:

Barek (jerm)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: August 24, 2012, 08:41:50 PM »
Good plan Ross.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #55: August 24, 2012, 08:42:30 PM »
Though, to be honest, we want a diplomat to die since it helps our odds
Wait... what? Wouldn't it be better to kill an assassin?

Remind me to never be on your side...

Wait, what side are you on, anyway? "We want a diplomat to die" sounds kinda like something an assassin would say. ???

Ross

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: August 24, 2012, 08:43:38 PM »
omg he said he wants to kill a diplomat, arrest him!

Ross

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #57: August 24, 2012, 08:59:34 PM »
I do believe the best way is to avoid the double lynch unless we are almost certain that between the 2 there's one assassin and we are not near parity.

*( ex. 2 persons claim to be the sage and make accusations against each of them, better to kill the 2, anyway the real sage is in danger to be killed next night since he revealed himself. ) *

Unless that, we should try to slow down the pace on the lynch, 1 per day is fine, to help us gather proofs and to give a chance to the non-assassin specialized diplomats to do their jobs.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 09:06:13 PM by Ross »

Zakilevo

« Reply #58: August 24, 2012, 09:18:16 PM »
Double lynch... just lost villagers a game... damn werewolves. should change the rule on that. flipping a coin might be a simple solution.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #59: August 24, 2012, 09:22:10 PM »
Just saying, on the first day the seer doesn't know anyone so the first day is still a guess. Also, the diplomats have to vote in public but they don't have to plan in public. You can do PM's. The last game Ehandras, Velax, and I were PMing and he convinced us he was an innocent, so he "convinced" (we didn't really argue or anything) us to vote to kill an innocent while Ehandras was killed by some ignorant innocent's and the other werewolves. So you can plan in private but it is difficult to know that they are innocent beyond the sage knowing for sure that the person is innocent.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton