Author Topic: [Forum Game] Assassins: Murder in Masahakon  (Read 68601 times)

Ross

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: [Forum Game] Assassins: Murder in Masahakon
« Reply #60: August 24, 2012, 09:26:55 PM »
I'm not totally for or against PM. For myself, i prefer to avoid PM because it's far from necessary, i think it's more funny when it's public even for "temporary alliance" there's no benefits to hide your discussion since you can't be sure the person you talk with is "clean".
Atamara:    Dwilight:

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: August 24, 2012, 09:38:30 PM »
Wait... the rules specifically say that diplos/villagers are discouraged from using PMs. To then use them extensively is against the entire spirit of the game.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Barek (jerm)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: August 24, 2012, 09:41:25 PM »
Discouraged.  Not prohibited.  The player who makes wise use of PMs is the victorious player.  Demonstrably.
You should take everything I say with a grain of salt.  But I'm not a werewolf.  Really.

Ross

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: August 24, 2012, 09:43:10 PM »
Wait... the rules specifically say that diplos/villagers are discouraged from using PMs. To then use them extensively is against the entire spirit of the game.

I agree and welcome that rule then. I consider It is against the spirit of the game as well.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #64: August 24, 2012, 09:47:25 PM »
No, that doesn't make sense. You can't say "you're not supposed to PM, we encourage you to do everything in the open, it's more fun for everyone", and then turn around and say "the one who PMs best, wins". That's crap.

Barek (jerm)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: August 24, 2012, 09:50:06 PM »
Perhaps Velax can clarify how he wants this game to go.
You should take everything I say with a grain of salt.  But I'm not a werewolf.  Really.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #66: August 24, 2012, 09:54:41 PM »
I just copied that rule from the other game, but personally I don't see any real issue with Diplomats using PMs. It seems to me a big part of this game is double dealing, trickery and misdirection, and that's more easily done privately. If you RP it, Diplomats wouldn't always be talking in a group with everyone, when they know Assassins are among them. They'd be talking in small groups as well, to the Diplomats they're reasonably sure aren't Assassins. And without PMs, the usefulness of the Sage's ability is significantly lessened.

In the interests of experimentation, I'll remove the "PMs discouraged" rule entirely for this game, so people can PM as they wish. Then next game I'll ban non-Assassin PMs, and we'll see which one makes for a more fun game.

Edit: I'll also point out that PMs were not used "extensively" in the other game. The whole "convince them I'm innocent and get them to vote for a villager" thing involved all of three PMs from me.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 09:59:42 PM by Velax »

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: August 24, 2012, 09:58:16 PM »
Thank you Velax for your experimentation.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Barek (jerm)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #68: August 24, 2012, 09:59:41 PM »
Yeah, when I wrote that line, it was meant to do exactly that, discourage players relying on or overusing PMs in order to do more in public.  Not to eliminate it.  But each GM should certainly change the rules to suit their game!

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: August 24, 2012, 09:59:52 PM »
I don't see anything wrong with PMs, because there will be times when a diplomat will speak privately to another, still.. who will let another diplomat enter their room without knowing is is a assassin.

I have no idea if i should give hints on this game, since i was a villain on another, i should keep the secrecy, and let everyone learn by themselves.

Now, need to clean my mind from last game, so i can think on RPs for this new one.

Peace!

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #70: August 24, 2012, 10:23:56 PM »
I'm fine with either way, I think we just need to be clear on the expectations. So thanks for clearing it up.

Ross

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #71: August 24, 2012, 10:43:22 PM »
Ok I'm fine with that

What we were talking about before ? Any potential assassins need to be lynch or we only have Slapsticks we can spare ? : P
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 10:45:00 PM by Ross »

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #72: August 24, 2012, 10:56:04 PM »
Hmm, who to vote to lynch?
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Ross

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #73: August 24, 2012, 11:03:06 PM »
I'll probably vote for a silent diplomat they are the more shady one.

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74: August 24, 2012, 11:32:57 PM »
Early in the morning there was a run around in the whole embassy, Sonya open her eyes on the commotion, when someone hardly knocks the door.

Sonya: coming!

She replies while covering herself with the blanket, and opening the door.

Sonya: what is the meaning of this? Why you wake me up at this hour?

Guard: where were you last night.

Sonya: why the sudden question?

Guard: there was an assassination?

Sonya: really? Who was killed?

Guard: Yvonne has been killed; your presence is required on the main hall, the others ambassadors are gathered there.

Sonya: sure will be there shortly.

After a while she enters the main hall, the others ambassadors were in state of disarray, distrust and commotion.

Ross:……………you are concerned to the well-being of our group. With love, Ross!

Sonya: excuse me if I am late, what is going on here… Ambassador Ross, what were you talking about and why were you talking on third person? Alas what is that loving thing?

Everyone keep silent, kicking a chair Sonya break the silence heating up more the commotion.

Sonya: what is the meaning of this? Ambassadors, is this how Kindara seek peace? Tell your ruler that the peace talks are over, and war will most likely to come!

Sonya dashes towards the door when a guard stopped her from opening the door.

Guard: sorry miss, but no one is allowed to leave the embassy, until the culprit is found every ambassador will stay within the palace

(Note: since we don’t have scenery set, I will suppose won’t be in open village, but on a great palace, of course, it can be subject to change)

Sonya: this can’t be true; you can’t let me here with assassins, THIS IS MADNESS!

Guard: Madness?.................This is…

Sonya: shut UP! And let me pass!

Guards: the ambassadors are speaking of a way to find the assassin within you, by yourselves. Our duty is to make sure that no assassin leaves the palace, if no assassin is found we will kill everybody. Please go to them, since the assassin is one of you, you must think who the criminal is.

Sonya turns around to the ambassadors, kicking another chain in the process.

Sonya: well, fine. Let’s do this! Now, I wish to know what everyone was doing last night, so I can judge who of you i will send to behead.