Author Topic: Monarchy  (Read 2781 times)

MaleMaldives

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Monarchy
« Topic Start: March 31, 2011, 07:42:26 AM »
Has anyone tried this? One person has a character that is a king. Then during their rule they create a second character and say it is their son. Now when the king gets old they delete their character by killing them, and in their final words say that my heir should become the next king(a variation would be death as a hero). Then playing as the son try to RP and demand to be the next king even if they weren't in the realm that long.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Re: Monarchy
« Reply #1: March 31, 2011, 07:49:40 AM »
Has anyone tried this? One person has a character that is a king. Then during their rule they create a second character and say it is their son. Now when the king gets old they delete their character by killing them, and in their final words say that my heir should become the next king(a variation would be death as a hero). Then playing as the son try to RP and demand to be the next king even if they weren't in the realm that long.

A couple of people have done variations, usually with lightly RP'd kids (or non-existent RP until the old char dies), then have the kid try to claim the throne.  Most recent instance I can think of is Thain Himoura taking up his father Senoske's claim to the throne of Nighthelm/C'thonia.

Kelley (House Kindon) and I are trying to do a deeper version.  Jenred and Edara have three kids, and the oldest has a fair bit of RP into her already (others are really too young for any personality), and we fully intend to make them playable one day.  Jenred has a little fantasy that one day Empress Ashkeyana Aerywyn Bedwyr-Kindon will rule the Far East...Just like Daddy did (grins).
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Silverfire

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Monarchy
« Reply #2: March 31, 2011, 07:04:42 PM »

I know this isn't what you are saying, but I know in Pian en Luries, Queen Alanna had RP'ed a family relationship with Drystan not from the same player but a character of another character and they had an RP'ed blood relationship, so he was essentially a "prince" of Pian en Luries. It was quite interesting, though quite frustrating to play "against". ;)

A couple of people have done variations, usually with lightly RP'd kids (or non-existent RP until the old char dies), then have the kid try to claim the throne.  Most recent instance I can think of is Thain Himoura taking up his father Senoske's claim to the throne of Nighthelm/C'thonia.

Kelley (House Kindon) and I are trying to do a deeper version.  Jenred and Edara have three kids, and the oldest has a fair bit of RP into her already (others are really too young for any personality), and we fully intend to make them playable one day.  Jenred has a little fantasy that one day Empress Ashkeyana Aerywyn Bedwyr-Kindon will rule the Far East...Just like Daddy did (grins).

Hmm, this is making me want to send my next character that I make to the Far East instead of Beluaterra just to mess with this. My "Iago" has some plans that absolutely must come to fruition.