Author Topic: Family Link  (Read 5389 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Family Link
« Topic Start: August 27, 2012, 10:27:33 PM »
Is there any way that a person's user page could be set to automatically have a link to their family page?

I often like to see where people play that I chat with on the forum, and not everybody's handle is intuitive.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Family Link
« Reply #1: August 27, 2012, 10:39:48 PM »
No. There is no requirement that a forum account is linked to a game account. There is a field they can fill in with this info, but obviously not everyone does it.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: August 28, 2012, 05:38:12 AM »
No. There is no requirement that a forum account is linked to a game account. There is a field they can fill in with this info, but obviously not everyone does it.

Right, I get that. I guess what I'm asking is: can we make the link to family page an "opt out" instead of an "opt in"? I think most people are totally fine with it, and it'd be a nice convenience.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: August 28, 2012, 07:00:37 AM »
Right, I get that. I guess what I'm asking is: can we make the link to family page an "opt out" instead of an "opt in"? I think most people are totally fine with it, and it'd be a nice convenience.
The issue is the system doesn't know what your family unless you tell it so it has to be opt in
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: August 28, 2012, 02:42:51 PM »
What Penchant says. The only way to make it "opt out" is to require people to put it in, but then let them uncheck a box to not list it. But then we'd have to find some way to authenticate the listing so people didn't impersonate other people...
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #5: August 28, 2012, 03:51:48 PM »
I actually play the Anaris family, little did you know, eh? 8)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: August 28, 2012, 09:00:52 PM »
What Penchant says. The only way to make it "opt out" is to require people to put it in, but then let them uncheck a box to not list it. But then we'd have to find some way to authenticate the listing so people didn't impersonate other people...

Ah, I see.