Author Topic: An idea on provisions  (Read 3491 times)

Alpha

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
An idea on provisions
« Topic Start: August 30, 2012, 05:19:04 PM »
I haven't seen this posted anywhere on the forum regarding provisions. It may be against the balance behind the idea.

In addition to the current way to get provisions, why can't a noble buy provisions like paraphernalia? A region lord could set aside x bushels to be sent to the market to be purchased as provisions. The conversion from bushels to provisions would depend on unit size.

I didn't post this as a feature request because I wanted to get some input on it first.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: An idea on provisions
« Reply #1: August 30, 2012, 05:31:47 PM »
I haven't seen this posted anywhere on the forum regarding provisions. It may be against the balance behind the idea.

In addition to the current way to get provisions, why can't a noble buy provisions like paraphernalia? A region lord could set aside x bushels to be sent to the market to be purchased as provisions. The conversion from bushels to provisions would depend on unit size.

I didn't post this as a feature request because I wanted to get some input on it first.
Two things I believe, the current system was somewhat easier to do so it was just made with the intention of working on it more later, like the not starving at the same level as the region instantly when you run out of provisions that was done. Secondly, I am not sure on this but Tom might not be doing for game balance reasons but I am not sure, I  just thought I read it somewhere.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: August 30, 2012, 05:32:13 PM »
We do have plans to do something along these lines. We just need to have the time to make sure it is, in fact, properly balanced.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #3: August 30, 2012, 08:40:52 PM »
As Tim said, this is already planned. However, the main problem is this:

Right now, there is no relation between bushels and provision percentages. We need to add such a relation, and we need to figure out how it is going to be. It also depends on unit size and so on - in short, it's a bit more tricky, which is why it's not yet been added.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: August 31, 2012, 08:48:26 AM »
Has the bug been fixed yet that drains your provisions when in regions with a food deficit, even when that region has surplus food?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: August 31, 2012, 01:18:32 PM »
Has the bug been fixed yet that drains your provisions when in regions with a food deficit, even when that region has surplus food?

I believe so, yes. That should have come in with the other provisions tweak I made a week or so ago.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #6: August 31, 2012, 02:46:34 PM »
Is it on testing right now or both? :)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 02:48:16 PM by Foundation »
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: August 31, 2012, 03:02:34 PM »
Is it on testing right now or both? :)

Ah—it's on testing.

It seems to have proven itself pretty much bug-free, though, so today I'll move it to stable.
Timothy Collett

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: September 01, 2012, 03:42:01 PM »
Good to hear, thanks.