Author Topic: [Forum Game] Supernatural: The Hunt  (Read 65282 times)

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
[Forum Game] Supernatural: The Hunt
« Topic Start: September 02, 2012, 08:27:41 AM »
Supernatural: The Hunt

The Village of Kahuna, surrounded by a lake, mountain range and forest is a cursed land. The villagers are hard working and few, but within them live some evil creatures, the Chiropterans (Vampires) and Lycans (Werewolves), looking forward to suck them dry and eat from head to toe respectively. The villagers outnumber the bad guys but they don't know who are the evil ones, but the evil ones know their pack mates and can work together to even the odds. If it wasn't dire enough for the villagers, there is another evil creature roaming the lands, a mutant (Hybrid) and some villagers cursed to become one. But the villagers have the aid of sorcerers, healers, testers (seers) and hunters to aid in their quest.
The bad guys win if they manage to reach parity with the villagers and destroy all rival packs. The villagers win if they kill all evil ones.

NOTE- Unless otherwise specified, it is Werewolf VI. Enjoy!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 06:58:49 PM by Cren »
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Fury

Re: [Forum Game] Supernatural: The Hunt
« Reply #1: September 02, 2012, 09:38:14 AM »
Rules and limitations of roles?

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: September 02, 2012, 09:40:07 AM »
Standard Big Rules

All roles will be handed out after the last person signs up, with all players receiving a PM containing their role and (known) traits. The game will then proceed to a night deadline.
The game is divided into two periods - night and day. For practical reasons these two periods are run concurrently, from one update till the next. Each update is 24 hours apart.
Each day, all players vote to lynch one of the players - the person they think is most likely to be a Werewolf or other baddie. Each night, the bad guys decide who to kill. In each 24 hour period, the village will lynch, and the bad guys will hunt. The villagers can try to lynch multiple people by creating a glorious, Lemeard-approved tie, and the bad guys can also decide not to hunt anyone at all at night. Beware of Crovaxian slips as well!
There are also other things that go bump in the night. The order these will be resolved in is as follows:
1. Sorcerer
2. Tester
3. Priest
4. Guardian Angel
5. Hunter
6. Bad Guy
7. Healer
8. Witness
Evil Ones will be divided into one or more Packs, with one Pack hunting each night. The order the Packs hunt in will be known only to them.
The Bad Guys win if they  manage to reach parity with the rest of the village, AND eliminate any rival packs.
The Villagers, Tester, Guardian Angel, Priest, Hunter and Healer win if they manage to destroy all the Evil Ones.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 01:38:03 PM by Cren »
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

Fury

« Reply #3: September 02, 2012, 09:43:31 AM »
Sign me up.  8)

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: September 02, 2012, 09:50:19 AM »
Standard Werewolf Rules
§1A. - You sign up to the game by requesting so in a post in this thread.
§1B - No new players will be admitted after the game has started, except to substitute for another player.
§1C - You may at any time be substituted out by requesting so in the thread.
§1D - Failure to vote on two occasions will lead to immediate substitution.
§2A – Players will vote daily. See Rule 1D.
§2B – Invalid votes (Voting for Game Moderator/Ghosts) will not be accepted and be considered to be in violation of Rule 2A.
§2C – In the event of a tie all tied players will be executed.
§2D - The player(s) with the majority of votes at deadline are considered dead. They will not reveal any inside information after the deadline.The presumed dead player(s) should post in purple text until their true role is confirmed.
§3A - Orders and votes submitted after deadline are ignored.
§3B - Orders (scans, hunts, et cetera) are sent to the Game Moderator via PM.
§3C - Players are responsible for any Private Messages missed due to inbox being full.
§4A - Spectators and ghosts may comment, but never suggest a course of action, reveal any new information, including vote counts, or discuss any details of their former character, in the case of ghosts. Preferably spectators will comment only in a manner tangential to the actual game.
§4B - When doing ghost/spectator commentary, please use a non-default colour.
§4C - Please don't use the same color of text as the GM is using.
§5A - Alliances and Feuds which aren't based on your characters or roles in the game between players are forbidden. Alliances and Feuds which continue from one game to another undermine the whole idea of the game.
§5B – When IG circumstances makes your character change alliances, ex- when a cursed villager is hunted by a pack, you should not share any information with your previous alliance. Failure of this would result in auto-lynch.
§6A – The Game Moderator has the last word on all matters.
§6B – If the Game Moderator makes a mistake (e.g. with the vote count, hunt/scan orders), if critical information has been revealed, the mistake will be kept.
§7A – Forging PMs is allowed. Screenshots of PMs is not.
§7B – Posting or quoting of PMs from the GM is not allowed - real or forged.
§7C – Players may use PMs to coordinate their actions.  Players are reminded to use the public thread where possible.
§8A – Voting must be done in the following way. Write"VOTE" and the person you are voting for in bold text.
§8B - If you wish to un-vote someone, write "UNVOTE" and their name in bold text.
§8C - In case of re-voting without un-voting the original vote will be the counted vote.
§8D - Do not edit votes after posting them. If you make a mistake, unvote and revote ina new post.
§8E - Votes should be oversized or clear of other text to ensure they are not missed by the GM.
§8F - We won't be super specific about how you must vote, but be a dear and hit atleast two of these:  bold, larger font, white/light colored text.
§9 - The GM can and will remove players if the GM believes that player is adversely affecting the game,for example through failure to fulfill voting obligations or deliberate violation of the rules. This will be done through the use of killing the player's role, or using substitutes, if they are available. All such decisions are made solely at the discretion of the GM.
§10 - Failure to vote on 2 occasions without prior notice will result in automatic substitution. If no substitution have been found 6 hours before deadline, the player will be autolynched at next deadline.
§11 - Most games will start with one player dying on the very first night, without even having gotten to vote and such.  It sucks to get killed offfirst, but its part of the game. On the upside, the first player killed automatically gets 1st dibs on Substitution, no matter who else has signed up for Subs.

>Deadline

The deadline of this game is 18:00 GMT+2 ( <- Forum Time.)
Votes and orders made on 17:59 will count, while those made on 18:00 WILL NOT.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 01:35:55 PM by Cren »

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: September 02, 2012, 09:54:40 AM »
in
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Zakilevo

« Reply #6: September 02, 2012, 09:55:00 AM »
me too

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: September 02, 2012, 09:57:25 AM »
The sign up is open till September 19, 18:00 forum time. I know its a loooong time, but we need lots of players to make the game interesting (and I have exams till that day! :-P).

All possible characters and traits will be coming in some minutes. Some of them are brand new and hella cool!

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: September 02, 2012, 10:18:32 AM »
Sign me in 8)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: September 02, 2012, 10:34:10 AM »
The Roles

Except for Villager and Bad Guy, all other Roles MAY , not will, be in the game and is subject to the number of players I get:
Villager: The simplest role, a villager knows nothing for sure, but can use the power of his vote to help lynch others.
Tester (Seer): May scan one player per night, and will discover whether that person is a regular villager or a Bad Guy. All other roles appear as villager.
Guardian Angel: May choose to protect one person against Bad Guy attack every night, but cannot choose to protect the same person two nights in a row, and can never protect themselves.
Town Drunk: This person moves around the town at night, without fear. May choose one person each night, to sleep in his house. If that person is attacked and not cursed, he has 100% chance to know the name of one of the assilants. At all times has 20% chance to witness a murder and recognise one assilant.
Priest: May scan one player per night, and will discover if they are a Sorcerer, an Apprentice, or a Sleeper.  Any other role will appear as a normal villager.
Apprentice: Apprentices have the potential to become truly great if taken under the wing of one of the masters.  if unclaimed and scanned by a Seer, Recruiter, Priest or Sorcerer, that scanner becomes their Master.  If an Apprentice has a master and that Master dies, they lose any traits and their Apprentice role and then takes on the role of their deceased Master.  An unclaimed Apprentice does not know that he is one until scanned. Will always know their master if claimed.
Healer : Tends to the almost dead, everyday choses a person to tend. If that person is attacked, is a villager and isn't cursed, the healer nurses him to full health. The attacked person is able to identify one of his assilants. If the attacked person is a bad guy and the healer successfully tends him, the bad guy turns into a mutant. In this case, the mutant is unable to tell who were the assilants (can lie). The alliance of the tended person, in all cases is never revealed in that nights event message.
Chiropteran (Vampire) : They are demonic beings who subsist by feeding on the life essence (generally in the form of blood) of living creatures. They are revenants of evil beings, suicide victims, or witches , but they can also becreated by a malevolent spirit possessing a corpse. Will hunt on nights to feed on villagers. Their sworn enemies are 'lycans'.
Lycan (Werewolf) : Beasts of the abyss, they are evil creatures thriving on the flesh of villagers whom they hunt on night. Lycans display a number of greatly enhanced physical attributes. While in their Lycan form, they possess enhanced strength, reflexes, coordination, speed, agility, endurance and regenerative abilities superior to that of most vampires, and are able to crawl across walls with great ease and speed. They also have equal or greater physical abilities to Vampires in their human forms.
Mutant (Hybrid) : The most evil creature to walk Kahuna, the devil's presence in the living realm. It is a hybrid of chiropteran and lycan, having all their strengths but none of their weaknesses. It also feeds on flesh to survive, flesh of all creatures and living things. Cannot be hun ed down by chiropterans or lycans, even the hunter fails to kill him. Can only be killed by lynching.
Sorcerer: Works with the Bad Guys and wins if they win.  May scan one person each night to see if they are a Seer, Priest, Apprentice or Sleeper.  Any other role will appear as a normal villager.
Sleeper: Works with the Bad Guys, and wins if their pack win.  If attached, the Sleeper learns the identity of a Bad Guy master at game start, and that Bad Guy knows the Sleeper’s identity in turn. Sleepers may attach themselves and become members of a Pack if both they and a member of that pack send a PM to the Game Moderator requesting to do so.  Such a PM cannot be revoked.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 01:10:39 PM by Cren »

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: September 02, 2012, 11:57:06 AM »
Sorry forgot about this

Traits
:

Many traits may not be revealed until 'activated'
Doublevoter: This player has two votes.  One done publicly like everyone else, and the other send via a PM to the Game Moderator.  May vote twice for the same player, or for different players, or may elect to not use the second vote.
CursedA villager with this trait is cursed and will join the pack if hunted at night.
Brutal: A Bad Guy with this trait will take a player of his choosing down with him, if lynched.
Witness: This player may try to see the nightly Bad Guy attack.  Beginning with a 0% chance, and increasing by 15% each night after, the player may send a PM to the Moderator saying that they are trying to Witness.  If successful, the player will learn the identity of one of the Bad Guys. Either way, the chance resets to 0% on the subsequent night, and builds up again as normal.

Hunter: Has a single-use gun that shoots a bullet filled with 'mixture of garlic, holy water and silver nitrate' that he may use at night to kill one other player.  May only be used once per game.  The hunter’s identity will be revealed.
Warrior: If this player is attacked by Bad Guys at night, he will kill one of his assailants.  The player with Fighter will still die, unless otherwise saved by a Guardian Angel.
Spice Vendor: This person will survive a chiropteran attack, but only once (the next attack will be fatal as usual).  Will be revealed as “no kill during the night” or similar. Identity of one of the assilants is revealed.
Miner: This person will survive a lycan attack, but only once (the next attack will be fatal as usual). Identity of one of the assilants will be revealed.
Rival: The player has a rival. The player only wins if said rival is dead at the end of the game, regardless of result.  May be a pair, or just solitary.
Best Friends: The player has a best friend.  The player only wins if said Best Friend is alive at the end of the game, regardless of result.  May be a pair or just solitary.
Escapist: Starting with 0% on the first night, and increasing by 15% each night, the player may escape from getting lynched. On use the counter drops to 0% and is restored at the above mentioned rate.
Lucky: This player has a 33% chance to avoid being hunted at night.  If a pack hunts them and the player gets lucky, no hunt happens that night, and the player is not informed that they were missed.
Medium : A medium has 100% chance to sense someone scanning them. Has 50% chance to learn the scanner role. If successful, has 33% chance to learn the identity of the person. Only person able to talk with ghosts (no information sharing though!)
Assistant : Have a 'one time use' chemical to learn whether a person is a villager or bad guy. All other roles appear as villager.
Chemist : Have a one time use magic potion that can turn any bad guy, even the mutant back to human.

Recruiter : Can scan one person each night to see if he is a sleeper or apprentice. In case of sleeper, the recruiter can recruit him into the gang. In case of apprentice, the recruiter becomes his master.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 01:12:01 PM by Cren »

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: September 02, 2012, 12:13:03 PM »
raises hand
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: September 02, 2012, 01:49:53 PM »
The roles, traits and rules are complete. Make sure you check them again. And please read §5B, it is a new one.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: September 02, 2012, 01:59:02 PM »
THE PLAYERS

1. Fury
2. Slapsticks
3. Zakilevo
4. Ketchum
5. Lefanis
6. D'Espana
7. Penchant
8. Sonya
9. Indirik
10. Telrunya
11. Velax
12. Ross
13. Lanyon
14. Barek

THE SUBS

EVENTS

Night 0: The Village Chief was viciously murdered.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 06:34:46 PM by Cren »

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: September 02, 2012, 02:57:48 PM »
I'm soooooooo in... sign me in, boss! And very good idea to wait so long, I guess this one will need over twenty people or so.
D'Espana Family