Author Topic: Unopened Borders  (Read 4826 times)

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
Unopened Borders
« Topic Start: March 31, 2011, 07:41:07 PM »
Unopened Borders Warning   (1 hour, 20 minutes ago)
The realm to which this region belongs, Greater Aenilia, has not signed an Open Borders treaty with your realm. If the new treaty system was active, you would have been captured.
You have not been captured. This is only a warning to increase awareness of the new system, and its effects.

When it says "you would have been captured", does it mean automatically captured and shunted off to jail? I'm talking about an adventurer here.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 10:07:09 PM by Bael »

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Re: Unopened Borders
« Reply #1: March 31, 2011, 07:52:27 PM »
Unopened Borders Warning   (1 hour, 20 minutes ago)
The realm to which this region belongs, Greater Aenilia, has not signed an Open Borders treaty with your realm. If the new treaty system was active, you would have been captured.
You have not been captured. This is only a warning to increase awareness of the new system, and its effects.

When it says "you would have captured", does it mean automatically captured and shunted off to jail? I'm talking about an adventurer here.

There is an elevated chance of being captured, and the border guards would try to capture you.  Success is not automatic, but it there is a relatively high chance of it happening.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: March 31, 2011, 08:28:46 PM »
Ok thanks  :D

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: March 31, 2011, 08:44:24 PM »
There is an elevated chance of being captured, and the border guards would try to capture you.  Success is not automatic, but it there is a relatively high chance of it happening.

If you get this message, that means that if the Treaty System were yet live, you would have been captured.  It should give you an idea of the frequency.

However, adventurers are not supposed to be captured just from unopened borders. It's supposed to require closed borders.  So this is a bug, and one I thought I'd fixed, too.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: March 31, 2011, 10:04:53 PM »
Quote from: Anaris
However, adventurers are not supposed to be captured just from unopened borders. It's supposed to require closed borders.  So this is a bug, and one I thought I'd fixed, too.

After seeing the above, I did another check (just to make sure that I didn't miss the starting of any wars ;)) and I came up with this:

I am in allied lands.

My character is a peon of Principality of Zonasa, and I am in Greater Aenilia lands. These two realms are allied.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 10:07:29 PM by Bael »

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: March 31, 2011, 10:20:31 PM »
After seeing the above, I did another check (just to make sure that I didn't miss the starting of any wars ;)) and I came up with this:

I am in allied lands.

My character is a peon of Principality of Zonasa, and I am in Greater Aenilia lands. These two realms are allied.

...Under the present, diplomacy-based system.  Not under the new treaty system.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: March 31, 2011, 10:26:28 PM »
...Under the present, diplomacy-based system.  Not under the new treaty system.

Hmm, I see. I was under the impression that being allied meant certain minimum treaties would be in place? Like open borders?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: March 31, 2011, 10:31:33 PM »
Hmm, I see. I was under the impression that being allied meant certain minimum treaties would be in place? Like open borders?

a) The situation under the present, diplomacy-based system, is totally, utterly, and completely independent of the situation under the new treaty system.  You can be at war with someone under the current system, and have an Alliance treaty signed with them. Treaties currently have no game effect.
b) Once the new diplomacy system is active, it will be perfectly possible to have an Alliance treaty signed with a realm and also have a Closed Borders declaration signed against them.
c) It is intended that certain combinations be mutually exclusive; however, they are not yet.
Timothy Collett

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: March 31, 2011, 10:48:56 PM »
My advy on Dwilight, aligned to Libero Empire, occasionally gets that while wandering around in Morek Empire.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Aldwoni

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: April 01, 2011, 08:55:53 PM »
Captured!   (4 days, 14 hours ago)
You have been spotted and captured by enemy patrols. This would not have happened under the new treaty system due to your Diplomatic Immunity.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #10: April 01, 2011, 08:58:18 PM »
Heh, yeah that got changed a while back. See the dlist for reference. There was something about an enemy diplomat sitting without unit in a capital scouting everything, and since the no diplomats treaty didn't work, this was not a good thing.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: April 02, 2011, 12:04:34 AM »
Ok, thanks for explaining everything :)