Author Topic: Advies  (Read 12274 times)

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
Re: Advies
« Reply #15: April 03, 2011, 02:35:28 PM »
In my experience sages are only available at certain (random?) times in the day,

I'm pretty sure its random. I have encountered sages at many different hour times.

When desperate to find a sage in a region I start with full hours then check to see if one is around, if not I spend an hour from my pool doing something (resting, gathering etc) then check again, continue until you find one (or not). Seems to be the best way to find a sage.

I am somewhat methodical and thorough, so I make sure I have full hours and at least 16 fatigue. Then rest one hour at a time until I find him :)

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #16: April 03, 2011, 02:36:53 PM »
Random sage, most likely, but consistent for the hour and region until a certain point when the sage leaves the region.

Shenron

• Noble Lord
  • Come and play people ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: April 03, 2011, 02:40:10 PM »
How the hell do you get unique items anyways? Can someone please describe to me what level group of monster/undead is needed to fight the so-called champion.

My advy has had the h/p prereqs for ages now but still hasn't even had a sniff of a unique item.... :(
My language: (Apologies for any confusion this results in.)
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: April 03, 2011, 02:48:49 PM »
How the hell do you get unique items anyways? Can someone please describe to me what level group of monster/undead is needed to fight the so-called champion.

My advy has had the h/p prereqs for ages now but still hasn't even had a sniff of a unique item.... :(

Afraid I can't speak to that (I'm sure someone else can), but there are several other ways to get them:

1) Find a sage that offers to make a unique item. I have found quite a few of these, but have never had all the items required. There is also a chance it will not work.

2) Nobles that carry items can sometimes drop them if injured in battle. Other nobles scrounging for armour repairs can pick them up, and I presume adventurers searching for items could also (the latter is not personally confirmed, but inferred from what other players with adventurers have said).

3) Perhaps simply searching could find one? Am not sure if this would a new item though, or an already existing one as seen in the above point.

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: April 03, 2011, 02:57:56 PM »
I found one by looting ;)
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

egamma

« Reply #20: April 03, 2011, 03:37:23 PM »
Afraid I can't speak to that (I'm sure someone else can), but there are several other ways to get them:

1) Find a sage that offers to make a unique item. I have found quite a few of these, but have never had all the items required. There is also a chance it will not work.

2) Nobles that carry items can sometimes drop them if injured in battle. Other nobles scrounging for armour repairs can pick them up, and I presume adventurers searching for items could also (the latter is not personally confirmed, but inferred from what other players with adventurers have said).

3) Perhaps simply searching could find one? Am not sure if this would a new item though, or an already existing one as seen in the above point.

I believe all three of these are correct, but I am more sure about the top two.

There are no monster champions, just undead champions, so you might want to focus on the undead if you want to get a unique that way. My advy created one unique with a sage, and defeated 2 undead champions, or her 3 recommendations.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #21: April 03, 2011, 03:58:07 PM »
Not true! Alpha monsters drop uniques. Monsters and undead are more or less similar for adventurers.

And as proof, here's my copied transcript:

After searching the area for 2 hours, following trails and noises, you finally encounter a large group of monsters.
You notice that they have a leader, an alpha monster, a really big and ugly one, whatever you want to call it.
The battle rages, you against the monsters. Your blows land true and you strike most of them down, while a few manage to flee.
The big one is the last to fall, but after an exhausting fight you manage to take him down, too.
In the lair of the big one, you find treasures worth a total of 2 gold, 3 silver.
You also find a unique item among the loot, the "Daemonic Jacket of the Kings".

And this can be found on my LP! http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,92.30.html

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: April 03, 2011, 06:47:35 PM »
It's also possible to find a unique item just be travelling to a region, although this is somewhat rare.

wraith

• Knight
  • Da Hadez Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: April 03, 2011, 11:22:24 PM »
Champions/Alphas sometimes occur at group 6 and higher IIRC. Sometimes they have items.
"There are 11 kinds of people in the world; those who do not understand binary, those who think they understand binary and those who understand endianness."

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: April 03, 2011, 11:29:27 PM »
Champions/Alphas sometimes occur at group 6 and higher IIRC. Sometimes they have items.

Think I had one on group 2 once :S

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: April 04, 2011, 12:27:46 AM »
Think I had one on group 2 once :S

Yeah I've had them at group 3 before. I assume there is a random chance for each group to contain a champion/alpha, weighted so that higher groups have a higher chance.

As far as I know unique items can be found the following ways
  • Found while Travelling
  • Found while gathering (not sure if this only works in a region where a noble has lost an item)
  • Made by a sage
  • Taken from a champion/alpha
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: April 05, 2011, 09:37:28 AM »
Yeah I've had them at group 3 before. I assume there is a random chance for each group to contain a champion/alpha, weighted so that higher groups have a higher chance.

As far as I know unique items can be found the following ways
  • Found while Travelling
  • Found while gathering (not sure if this only works in a region where a noble has lost an item)
  • Made by a sage
  • Taken from a champion/alpha

That seems like the only ways for an Advie to find one aye, though didnt know about point 2 before :D

Lords can find em by Looting a province or salvaging.

All in all, there is actually a very good chance that anyone can get one with time :D

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: April 05, 2011, 11:58:15 PM »
I think both looting and gathering will only harvest items that have been previously dropped. The only way for _new_ items to appear in the game is from Champion/Alpha drops, or through Sages.

And the Sage will indeed, as long as he is in the same region at least, appear to you when you have a certain amount of hours left in your timepool. I'm pretty sure I read that on the Wiki somewhere.

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Unique_items

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: April 06, 2011, 04:13:34 AM »
I think both looting and gathering will only harvest items that have been previously dropped. The only way for _new_ items to appear in the game is from Champion/Alpha drops, or through Sages.

And the Sage will indeed, as long as he is in the same region at least, appear to you when you have a certain amount of hours left in your timepool. I'm pretty sure I read that on the Wiki somewhere.

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Unique_items

Confirmed. For my one, 4 hours left to use in Ciarin Tut made me a Sage last week.

Also I am not sure, there was no record of it on the wiki but it would make sense that way too, someone drops it - i find it in bad condition, seems logical. Just wish people would make wiki records of things like this :D

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: April 06, 2011, 08:49:54 PM »
On another aspect of Adventurers - is there any rhyme or reason to how much the border toll charge is?

I was moving from one region to another with 0 silver, and got sent back because they demanded 6 silver. So I killed some monsters and got the silver. Traveled the same route and they demanded 11 silver! So I killed a bit more but ran out of stuff to kill. Tried the same route again and the demanded 3 silver, so I was finally able to travel the accursed route.

Any ideas?