Author Topic: History of the Far East Island  (Read 35943 times)

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
Re: History of the Far East Island
« Reply #30: April 14, 2013, 02:42:27 PM »
The irony is that Galiard was so set upon making Cathay a Kingdom (rather than another Republic) because he was so tired of the political conflicts in Lasanar - but those conflicts kept the place lively. Cathay has stagnated a couple times, once when Galiard was there (though not King) and once while I was away from BM, and suffered badly for it.  Lasanar had its fractious moments but it was never dull.

Yeah, I think I personally enjoy the elections and the liveliness. It keeps those in power on their toes a little since they can just be voted out if they're inactive and a bright personality comes along. Now when I think of it, I do believe my chars have been nothing but Prime Ministers other than for very short times (like dictator of Summerdale for a few days and dictator of Oligarch but reformed it instantly to a republic).

I kinda miss it. Almost every realm is a monarchy these days (at least on some islands). But of course, a monarchy can be very much like a republic or a democracy too now since you can customize it in a way you couldn't do before.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 02:44:03 PM by Kain »
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)