Author Topic: There are rich pirates in D'Hara  (Read 40737 times)

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
Re: There are rich pirates in D'Hara
« Reply #15: September 07, 2012, 03:01:26 PM »
the tax thing... did i mention there should be a toggle so you can decide your taxes come in bonds or gold whilst within realm?

I like that idea myself. If I am a troop-carrier, having gold-on-hand to pay for troops, entertainment, etc. is obviously the ideal. If I'm trading though, I need bonds, not gold. There might have been a balance issue where defending forces need to refit less often because of it, but I figure that's not a bad balance to set. Probably don't know the full implications of this myself, but I'd suggest posting it in the ideas part of the forum. Something to look at at least, I'd hope.

On topic. Religions need nobles to survive and to expand. That hasn't changed since I started playing and I doubt it ever will. Priests do not need to carry thousands or even hundreds of gold on their person. They have no reason to and while others might think its a good idea, considering that you've got that handy "Arrest Priest" option in certain cases, and Judges can liberate prisoner's gold purses, pirates and bandits are hardly the only reason why its not always a good idea. Hundreds or thousands of gold, and no guards.

That's just asking for trouble. Duh. Get a noble, with troops to actually guard against these things, to do your couriering if you don't want to take the risk. If you do want to take the risk, that's obviously your business but nothing anywhere says it has to be the best option.

Finton.