Author Topic: There are rich pirates in D'Hara  (Read 40806 times)

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: There are rich pirates in D'Hara
« Reply #30: September 07, 2012, 04:13:11 PM »
On topic. Religions need nobles to survive and to expand. That hasn't changed since I started playing and I doubt it ever will. Priests do not need to carry thousands or even hundreds of gold on their person. They have no reason to and while others might think its a good idea, considering that you've got that handy "Arrest Priest" option in certain cases, and Judges can liberate prisoner's gold purses, pirates and bandits are hardly the only reason why its not always a good idea. Hundreds or thousands of gold, and no guards.

On topic. Realms need nobles to survive and to expand. That hasn't changed since I started playing and I doubt it ever will. Warriors do not need to carry thousands or even hundreds of gold on their person. They have no reason to and while others might think its a good idea, considering that they can be captured in battle, and Judges can liberate prisoner's gold purses, pirates and bandits are hardly the only reason why its not always a good idea. Hundreds or thousands of gold, and no guards.

Should I do the same for courtiers now?

"You don't need it if you play like I do" is not an argument for "You shouldn't". You don't know why my character has gold, wants gold, needs gold, and it's none of your concern. Maybe you like to play a certain of priests, and that's fine, but diversity of characters is good for the game, not bad.

Sorry if I come out a bit strong on this, I should add that I don't mind that much the pirates. I was surprised that it could happen (and with good reason, since it seems it's new), but if the probability is small enough it's an acceptable risk. What I hate with a passion, though, is the "priests don't need gold" argument.
After all it's a roleplaying game.