Author Topic: There are rich pirates in D'Hara  (Read 40729 times)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Re: There are rich pirates in D'Hara
« Reply #45: September 07, 2012, 08:42:28 PM »
My point was need. A Priest may want to for whatever reasons, but I'm fairly certain that there's nothing they NEED thousands of gold on hand for.

Funding a major temple building effort in a realm with new converts.  Say, for instance, a few lords in Madina convert to SA and request assistance in building properly glorious temples.  That would be a perfectly legitimate need that Priests would and should be used for.

May I make a counter-suggestion, instead of changing the chances or what not (although this may be incredibly difficult to code, not sure): If there are friendly troops showing in the region you are in, your chances of getting hit by bandits are reduced accordingly.  So, for instance, a Priest traveling with a hundred-man honour guard led by a noted Templar would have essentially zero chance of getting robbed.  And yes, I'm fully aware that regions are large, and the Priest and the troops might be on opposite sides of one in a lot of situations, but I think it would make a resonable compromise.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"