Author Topic: There are rich pirates in D'Hara  (Read 40725 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: There are rich pirates in D'Hara
« Reply #45: September 08, 2012, 03:37:28 AM »
I'm all in favour of there being consequences for actions.  People who wander around alone in uncontrolled lands get robbed, I have no problem with.  People who wander through wild lands with a sizable guard contingent, not so much.  I just want there to be a way to edge the odds in my favour (grins).

I agree.

But if the options are, "Random chance of theft, about which I have no control, other than not using one of the more valuable functions of my class," and "No random chance of theft," I would think the burden of proof should be on demonstrating why we SHOULD have that random chance.

Obviouslly, yeah, I think there should just be some way to "insure" yourself: paraphernalia that you have to regularly pay would be one way to do this. It'd be double-cool if you could only "buy" them at temples. And triple cool (though as soon as I say this I realize it'd be very exploitable) if the "pay" you gave to your paraphernalia piled up at the temple where you hired them.

All of which I'm sure is fiendishly complicated: so maybe just a simple paraphernalia, "Bodyguards," or maybe "Constables."
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner