Author Topic: There are rich pirates in D'Hara  (Read 40019 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: There are rich pirates in D'Hara
« Reply #90: September 09, 2012, 05:06:57 PM »
Another priest nerf?

Priests were the best to carry gold... and to compensate, they are now made the worst? Warriors can at least hire troops to defend themselves, priests can't do anything.

Carrying large ammounts of gold is a great part of the priest game, once the religion has developped. Temples need funding to grow, and they are often quite far apart.

I really see no point in this mechanic, other than nerfing priests further. It's not because it's an "RP class" that it must have the worst mechanics possible.

This is not particularly new.

It is not particularly common.

It does not have a particularly large effect.

Do you really think that priests should be able to wander around carrying thousands and thousands of gold all the time without any risk?

No, wait—that's right; in The World According to Chénier, priests should be supermen, able to do whatever the hell they want.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan