Author Topic: The Wiki - A Valid In Game and In Character Source?  (Read 13908 times)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
The problem was that the treaty was made on the wiki but not played IN GAME. 
The game should be played in the game, not in the stupid wiki. 
The player of Galiard Scarlett seemed to be playing a whole different game than the rest of Ohnar West, with a forum and a constitution and a treaty that were all published on the wiki but not talked about in the game where it is supposed to be played.

And yes, that pisses me off.  I play Battlemaster.  I do not play Wikimaster.

Go to your Information page.  Check the Diplomatic Treaties link.  Go to the Ohnarian/Arcaean Compact.  Read the treaty.  Compare to the wiki.  They're exactly the same.  Beyond that, Ohnar West received the region of Arempos.  In other words, the negotiations were done in-game.  The treaty was discussed and signed in-game, using the official treaty system.  Effects of the treaty have been felt in-game.  In other words, it has been played as well as any treaty in the game, and better than most.  I added the treaty to the wiki for record-keeping purposes.

The treaty was signed on February 13th.  It was done after considerable discussion and negotiation between Jenred and Galiard, and I know for a fact that Galiard talked about it with various people in Ohnar West.  Just like I know that certain people in Ohnar West can't distinguish between a message group described as a "forum" and this game forum.  It is also standard practice to put most details about a realm and how it is run on the wiki.  It is not only standard practice, but the game flat out tells you that the proper place for detailed information about your realm is on the wiki.  If a Ruler attempts to post a Ruler Bulletin that is too long, then they receive this message "(And remember, the proper place for realm histories or lengthy background and roleplaying descriptions is the community site)" with "the community site" being a link to, you guessed it, the Battlemaster Wiki.

Check Sirion's wiki page.  There is a link to a Constitution.  Check Carelia's wiki page.  Laws and prisoner agreements.  Check any other realm page, and I'd lay fifty-fifty odds that they will have laws, a constitution, customs, treaties, or some other information that is important to know on it.  The message system of Battlemaster is explicitly designed to make linking to the wiki simple because the game is intended to be played with the wiki as an accompaniment.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"