Author Topic: The Wiki - A Valid In Game and In Character Source?  (Read 13867 times)

ó Broin

• Knight
    • View Profile
The problem was that the treaty was made on the wiki but not played IN GAME. 
The game should be played in the game, not in the stupid wiki. 
The player of Galiard Scarlett seemed to be playing a whole different game than the rest of Ohnar West, with a forum and a constitution and a treaty that were all published on the wiki but not talked about in the game where it is supposed to be played.

And yes, that pisses me off.  I play Battlemaster.  I do not play Wikimaster.
Maybe it was played well in Arcaea.  In Ohnar West it was not properly done.

This is one of the most absurd things I've ever heard. I play in Ohnar West, and while I understand you characters taking this stance, I'm rather surprised to find it is the players view also. The constitution was voted on by the realm. It was too large to be in a single message, so a link to the IG reference area, the wiki was provided. The Forum was part of the constitution, its simply an in game message group, one of the four that each realm is allowed. Any noble of the realm can join it. The treaty was discussed within that message group, as stipulated by the constitution, which was passed by referendum. I understand that your character refuses to join the forum as a protest against it and the other reforms, but to claim the treaty wasn't handled correctly IG simply because for what ever reason you choose not to avail yourself of the source of information is beyond ridiculous. You can't have it both ways, you can't protest against the current democratically ratified system, and expect to have access to everything discussed under that system.

Galiard is now gone, he has paused all of his characters as I believe he found BM eating into time he would rather spend on something else. No doubt once a new PM is elected we can go through all the fun of changing our systems again. Perhaps this time you might agree with what the majority of those that voted also thought, so we don't have to go through the nonsense of these half truths.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 01:12:16 PM by De-Legro »