Author Topic: The Wiki - A Valid In Game and In Character Source?  (Read 13906 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Is that question addressed to me? I have been playing the game and using its wiki for half a decade already. 

You're just not getting the point.

Oh my, a full half decade. And here I was thinking you DIDN'T want to play "wikimaster". It is quite obvious you don't get the point. You keep trying to imply that the treaty and the constitution were on the wiki for a reason other then being a convinent place to store it were all can access it at any time. This

I am not against the use of the Wiki.   But I do see a problem in relying so heavily on it that it replaces in game experience.  Editing a page in the Wiki and adding to the discussion page are very different experiences from having a character propose and discuss a document.  And I'm not into publishing things on the Wiki that have little to do with what goes on in game. 

has all been entirely in your head, which has been stated by several other members of the realm. They were discussed in realm, and I'm sure would have been updated by Galiard or someone at regular intervals to reflect the discussion. So you are upset you didn't get to participate in those discussions. Boo hoo. All because OW calls itself a republic does not mean there is any game mechanic or OOC requirement for everyone to be consulted. Sounds like you and Galiard had a good little feud going on involving some push and shove. Congratulations that is part of what politics in BM is all about.

Summary, you keep claiming he used the wiki wrong. Several disagree with both that statement and have given multiple examples of realms using the wiki in the same way. You complain in a OOC post about peace on the island, and then try and imply all your complaints are IC. Your very first complaint was the treaty was played on the Wiki and not in game. That has been disputed by several people that were involved in discussion of the treaty in both realms. You can keep trying to rephrase things, or imply what you want. But in this case, you were simply WRONG. Your character might not have been aware of the discussions, fine. But don't come here whining and trying to imply that people are circumventing IG interaction just because your character was excluded.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.