Author Topic: The Wiki - A Valid In Game and In Character Source?  (Read 13919 times)

Gloria

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Oh my, a full half decade. And here I was thinking you DIDN'T want to play "wikimaster". It is quite obvious you don't get the point.

Playing wikimaster is different from using the wiki.  Properly.  The game is the game and the wiki is the wiki.  I do not post in the wiki in character, but as a player and as a wiki editor.  The participation in both is different.  That's clear, isn't it?

You keep trying to imply that the treaty and the constitution were on the wiki for a reason other then being a convinent place to store it were all can access it at any time.

No.  I am not trying to imply that.  I am questioning the assumption that everyone in OW should know about the damn treaty.  I asked a simple question: "Did the treaty between Jenred and Galiard say anything as to what would happen if Arcaea failed to take over Enlod as planned?"  Your answer implied that something was wrong with me because I did not know what the treaty was and I had not read it on the wiki. 

This has all been entirely in your head, which has been stated by several other members of the realm. They were discussed in realm, and I'm sure would have been updated by Galiard or someone at regular intervals to reflect the discussion.

So you are upset you didn't get to participate in those discussions.

No.  I'm upset because, apparently, you believe I'm supposed to know.  Then you say I was not supposed to know.  Which one is it? 

Boo hoo.

I am sorry that you need to cry.  Maybe if the game is not fun to you you could stop playing and do something else?  Also, why do  you need to bully other players?

All because OW calls itself a republic does not mean there is any game mechanic or OOC requirement for everyone to be consulted. Sounds like you and Galiard had a good little feud going on involving some push and shove. Congratulations that is part of what politics in BM is all about.

Never has this meaning of "Republic" been assumed or implied.  My character and Galiard had a good little feud that, I hope, was an enjoyable roleplaying experience for both of us.  This had nothing to do with the Forum or the Wiki or the Constitution... but with a totally legitimate IC reason and family history.  Many and many a year ago, when Sasrhas seceeded from Lasanar, Sir Galiard Scarlet was the general.  Baroness Adelina Driscol of Attlel secceeded Attlel from Lasanar to join Ohnar West.  Of course Galiard Scarlet hates the Driscols and any younger Driscol would be weary of Galiard Scarlett.  That's normal.

Summary, you keep claiming he used the wiki wrong. Several disagree with both that statement and have given multiple examples of realms using the wiki in the same way.

You seem to misunderstand my argument completely. 

You complain in a OOC post about peace on the island, and then try and imply all your complaints are IC. Your very first complaint was the treaty was played on the Wiki and not in game. That has been disputed by several people that were involved in discussion of the treaty in both realms. You can keep trying to rephrase things, or imply what you want. But in this case, you were simply WRONG. Your character might not have been aware of the discussions, fine. But don't come here whining and trying to imply that people are circumventing IG interaction just because your character was excluded.

I never complained about peace on the island.  Lefanis started this thread, not me.  Read it again.  My first contribution to it was just the question about the treaty.  You claimed I should know about it because it was in the wiki.  But I haven't got the answer to my question. 

Did the treaty between Jenred and Galiard say anything as to what would happen if Arcaea failed to take over Enlod as planned? 

I thought the answer to this question would help the discussion about peace/war on the FEI.  I still don't know the answer to this. 

BTW, you're a moderator.  You're supposed to be helping discussions, not fueling flame wars.