Author Topic: The Wiki - A Valid In Game and In Character Source?  (Read 13928 times)

Cadfan

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Playing wikimaster is different from using the wiki.  Properly.  The game is the game and the wiki is the wiki.  I do not post in the wiki in character, but as a player and as a wiki editor.  The participation in both is different.  That's clear, isn't it?

No because as several people have so far explained, but which you refuse to listen to, the Wiki is used and is expected to be used as a IG and IC storage facility, much like a library.

No.  I am not trying to imply that.  I am questioning the assumption that everyone in OW should know about the damn treaty.  I asked a simple question: "Did the treaty between Jenred and Galiard say anything as to what would happen if Arcaea failed to take over Enlod as planned?"  Your answer implied that something was wrong with me because I did not know what the treaty was and I had not read it on the wiki. 

Everyone on the island, and perhaps even beyond can know about the treaty. It is IC to access the treaty on the wiki, as several people have tried to explain to you. There is also the fact that the treaty, once passed was posted to everyone in your realm. So if you refuse to use the wiki as a in game source, you really probably should have recorded it then.

No.  I'm upset because, apparently, you believe I'm supposed to know.  Then you say I was not supposed to know.  Which one is it? 

Massive logic fail. He said your character should know the details of the final treaty, for reasons explained above, he never implied you were involved in the discussion that resulted in that treaty

Never has this meaning of "Republic" been assumed or implied.  My character and Galiard had a good little feud that, I hope, was an enjoyable roleplaying experience for both of us.  This had nothing to do with the Forum or the Wiki or the Constitution... but with a totally legitimate IC reason and family history.  Many and many a year ago, when Sasrhas seceeded from Lasanar, Sir Galiard Scarlet was the general.  Baroness Adelina Driscol of Attlel secceeded Attlel from Lasanar to join Ohnar West.  Of course Galiard Scarlet hates the Driscols and any younger Driscol would be weary of Galiard Scarlett.  That's normal.

That would depend. The most logical interpretation of many of your comments is that the treaty was handled poorly because not everyone had "access" to the forum that discussed it. In that context it is fair to assume that you believe this because the realm is a republic and thus should be open to all members of the realm.

You seem to misunderstand my argument completely. 

I never complained about peace on the island.  Lefanis started this thread, not me.  Read it again.  My first contribution to it was just the question about the treaty.  You claimed I should know about it because it was in the wiki.  But I haven't got the answer to my question. 

I thought the answer to this question would help the discussion about peace/war on the FEI.  I still don't know the answer to this. 

Because you have still failed to avail yourself to the source of the required info. He also didn't claim you were complaining about peace on the island, he was refering to the fact you decided to have what appears to be a OOC rant about how a treaty was handled in OW in a thread that is about peace on FEI. In other words he questions how relevant your rant was to the topic at hand.

BTW, you're a moderator.  You're supposed to be helping discussions, not fueling flame wars.

Look is it obvious you don't want to use the wiki as it was intended. Fine I'm sure no one will force you. It is also evident that De-Legro and others are trying to counter your claim that its not a IG source of info, to prevent other players being misinformed based on that. If you are going to keep trying to argue your case, they are going to keep needing to refute it. Its not a flame war, more a argument that has yet to see both sides moving towards a mutual understanding.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 07:52:09 AM by peter@machine-logic.net »