Author Topic: The Wiki - A Valid In Game and In Character Source?  (Read 13716 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Also, it was not my question whether the wiki is a valid in game in character source.  My point here is that characters are not wiki editors.  A character may write a newspaper or  a document or a book or tell a story and make it available to others.  But I think that the wiki is also an ooc source and it must be as truthful and objective as we can make it as players... that is, my character may be a liar but publishing lies in the wiki because of it seems to me like misusing the wiki.  And in that sense, I think that the wiki and the game are two separate entities and, while the wiki is about the game, you do not publish or edit the wiki in character.   That means that  I should not be able to publish a constitution of a realm on the wiki and automatically have it become the constitution of this realm, until there is gameplay that supports it. 

Maybe that is not what the player intended, but that's the way it came across to me.  It was unnecesarily confusing.  And I think playing a character who tries to confuse other characters is ok, but it becomes bad gameplay when you make it difficult for players to follow what is going on.

Your right, its totally not what the player intended, and to be honest I'm puzzled how anyone could think it was when he was still asking for people to vote for it in the realm. Unless what you are trying to say is no realm should have a constitution until there is a IG way to record them, which probably isn't going to happen.

Whatever your belief, it is already established that the wiki IS a IG source, and large parts of it are IC.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 04:19:41 AM by De-Legro »
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.