Author Topic: Donation  (Read 6933 times)

wraith

• Knight
  • Da Hadez Family
    • View Profile
Re: Donation
« Reply #15: April 02, 2011, 03:37:47 AM »
I am wrong (but can't be arsed digging too deep as to how wrong I am at this time of night.)

In the the UK it seems (based on skimming the first post in a forum thread from google) that payment protection on debit cards is voluntary but on credit cards is legally required.

Got to spend £100 for it to kick in in either case though so most online purchases are excluded anyway (90% online purchases below £100 I guess).
"There are 11 kinds of people in the world; those who do not understand binary, those who think they understand binary and those who understand endianness."

egamma

« Reply #16: April 03, 2011, 03:48:36 PM »
I believe visa/mastercard credit you are liable for $50 in fraud, or less.
Some debit cards offer similar protection--for example, my wife bought some fake jewelry in Mexico a few months back, paid with her debit card, and CapitalOne was able to reverse the charges, or just refund the money--I'm not completely sure if CapitalOne got repaid or not.

The problem with debit is that it's pulling "real" money from your account, while a credit card is just a "credit", or debt.

So the risk of using your debit card is one of fraud. Paypal is a widely used, widely respected merchant/bank/whatever, and they're not going to empty your bank account.

Just link your bank account to paypal, you'll be fine. I've had mine linked since about 2004.

Zakilevo

« Reply #17: April 04, 2011, 05:04:24 AM »
wow Didn't know it gives you a new character slot right away. nice :) It turns out my sister had a paypal account so I didn't have to go through all the crap.

Zakilevo

« Reply #18: April 04, 2011, 09:07:44 AM »
Uhh.. Do I get an active slot for another character permanently from donating or does it last for only a certain period of time?

Zakilevo

« Reply #19: April 04, 2011, 09:53:15 AM »
wth? I can play 5 nobles now.. what is going on?

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: April 04, 2011, 09:56:50 AM »
Uhh.. Do I get an active slot for another character permanently from donating or does it last for only a certain period of time?

It lasts as long as your goody counter does (one week per euro that Tom gets).  It'll say on your main family page on the upper right how long your goodies will last.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

egamma

« Reply #21: April 07, 2011, 03:20:22 AM »
It lasts as long as your goody counter does (one week per euro that Tom gets).  It'll say on your main family page on the upper right how long your goodies will last.

I give small "thank you" goodies to players who donated, in the form of a "Sir" or "Lady" title for your characters, and the ability to play one more character than other players can.
These goodies last for one week for every full Euro that arrives in my account