Author Topic: Big red message  (Read 6354 times)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Big red message
« Topic Start: September 12, 2012, 06:23:23 AM »
Did anyone else have a mini-heart attack and think they'd had their account locked or something when they saw the big red message on their Player Page?

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Big red message
« Reply #1: September 12, 2012, 06:36:18 AM »
I wasn't exactly worried as I was surprised to see a big red message.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: September 12, 2012, 06:57:50 AM »
Did anyone else have a mini-heart attack and think they'd had their account locked or something when they saw the big red message on their Player Page?

Yes.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Zakilevo

« Reply #3: September 12, 2012, 07:36:17 AM »
Yep. A mini heart attack!

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #4: September 12, 2012, 07:39:23 AM »

Sorry. I tried to make it very subtle red to avoid that. I'll try harder next time.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: September 12, 2012, 10:24:37 AM »
Yes!

Especially since it was addressed directly to my name.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: September 12, 2012, 10:38:55 AM »
Yep, I thought my account got locked!
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: September 12, 2012, 11:03:11 AM »
I thought i had won Battlemaster, but no....

:(
~Violence is always an option!~

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: September 12, 2012, 01:53:38 PM »
At first, I thought it was a "Dominic, stop being an !@#$%^&" message.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: September 12, 2012, 04:31:24 PM »
Good I wasn't the only one who got that. At first I thought Tom had figured me out and was warning to come to my senses. After reading it was truly a relief.
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: September 12, 2012, 05:57:24 PM »
I got shocked, i thought it as some king of "Jimmy Wales" announcement...was about to go wild with my credit card.

Zakilevo

« Reply #11: September 12, 2012, 06:36:39 PM »
Was it sent to everyone?

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #12: September 12, 2012, 07:19:50 PM »
Was it sent to everyone?

It wasn't really "sent". It was added to the page, so yes everyone got it.

Jim

« Reply #13: September 12, 2012, 08:50:08 PM »
Everyone was scared by this? What the hell are you guys doing in game to make you react like that?

I thought i had won Battlemaster, but no....

:(

You did win battlemaster in my eyes. This quote cracked me up.

Sorry. I tried to make it very subtle red to avoid that. I'll try harder next time.

You should have put up special effects with lighting bolts shooting about, declaring your divinity as Tom, God of Battlemaster. That would have been awesome. I would worship someone that did that, I would start a religion in game too. Changed my forum name to T-Rex Prophet.

Anyways, I was thinking, I know of a lot of comic book stores and nerd dens around my city, have you ever thought about releasing a printable advertisement that we players could print out and handout? I could think of a few places that would probably tape it to their windows or counters. I don't think it would be the most effective method of advertising but then again it could probably draw in a few players, and a few new players is better than no new players. I'm sure there are plenty of battlemaster nerds that frequent their local nerd dens and comic book stores and have established good relations with the owners. Might be worth a shot.

egamma

« Reply #14: September 12, 2012, 09:00:21 PM »
Anyways, I was thinking, I know of a lot of comic book stores and nerd dens around my city, have you ever thought about releasing a printable advertisement that we players could print out and handout? I could think of a few places that would probably tape it to their windows or counters. I don't think it would be the most effective method of advertising but then again it could probably draw in a few players, and a few new players is better than no new players. I'm sure there are plenty of battlemaster nerds that frequent their local nerd dens and comic book stores and have established good relations with the owners. Might be worth a shot.

This could be good.