Author Topic: New War Predictions  (Read 156695 times)

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: New War Predictions
« Reply #60: September 20, 2012, 02:20:36 PM »
Hmmm, well now I have to agree with Zakky on this one.

Zakilevo actually treated Nivemus with a lot of respect, and legitimately tried to create new relationships based on respect off of that. He even calmed Erik and Co. down when Nivemus made the decision to keep the former Fontanese 'war criminal'. Also, Zakilevo never tried to bring Nivemus into war prematurely, and respected the fact that building a realm literally from the ground up is tough work, long work, but our work, and what we needed to do.

I think Zakilevo did a good job of acting like an ally instead of a superior, which surely helped Nivemus along the way.

Zakilevo

« Reply #61: September 20, 2012, 04:52:13 PM »
'Westmoor always told you to GTFO'

That is what you said. I am merely telling you I was not 'always' unwelcomed. It is rather obvious that if I enter Westmoor now, I will probably get a lot of angry letters from some people.

Yeah, a handful of nobles enjoyed the war while many more were annoyed by it and some even quit because they simply found it unenjoyable.

If they quit because they were annoyed by having a war, good for them. Less stress for them, less cry babies for everyone. Being bullied? Have you ever faced eight realms at once? I don't think so. Don't even talk about being bullied when Sirion didn't even take any regions from Westmoor.

You have to realize, I didn't talk to your ambassador there. Anything I heard related to Nivemus came from you.  You seem to have a very selective memory.

Uh obviously. You won't get a chance to talk to Erik. He won't listen to you. Will probably mock you if you try to talk to him. And I have a very selective memory? Are you talking about yourself? Or maybe you are just trying to interpret things to your advantage. It is obvious you are taking things too personally. Chill out bro. You are playing a game. You obviously played in one realm for too long and are too attached to Westmoor.

wait a second, before Zakilevo is running away with the honour of starting this war.
The whole thing wouldn't have happend if i didn't play my character as i played it.
Wasnt it the fued between Davis and Aiden that sparked all this?
If i didn't start that trial, you would never fine him.

just joking, a war happens thanks to many great players, in this case also the player of menenthil.
Lets hope this sparks a big one...

You are right I shouldn't take the credit! You should LOL.

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: September 20, 2012, 05:28:36 PM »
Can we jump to the "X Has Declare War on X" part please?

Zakilevo

« Reply #63: September 20, 2012, 05:35:04 PM »
Can we jump to the "X Has Declare War on X" part please?

Yes. We are getting off track. Sorry about that.

At the moment, I am not sure if the war is going to happen or not. Things are changing constantly and Dunnera's king has changed his mind to find a compromise.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #64: September 20, 2012, 06:47:35 PM »

You are right I shouldn't take the credit! You should LOL.

haha don't worry thats exactly what i am doing
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: September 21, 2012, 02:25:53 AM »
Dunnera is in quite vulnerable position. Military-wise Caligus is bigger and can field a big army. In term of potential, it could swing either way. If other realms decide to ally with Dunnera and launch attack, Dunnera may stand a better chance. This is alliance scenario speaking ;)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #66: September 27, 2012, 11:50:47 AM »
oew it looks like the Mad King and his Kingdom marches upon the Weak King and the loud Dunnerans.
This time the weak king is not going to betray his own realm to save his duchy, but he seems to choose to fight, thill the end.
King Dobromir has anounced to take back An najaf, Visue and Fontan city.
Will any other realms jump in? or will this be another silly small realm bash with no other realm daring to do anything afraid of also beeing anihilated?
Would be so lame if this war wouldnt spark a continental mayem.
I mean all we need is right there.
A Mad King overstepping him self in trying to create puppet realm in order to strenghten his influence over the EC by forcing this colony to apoint the mad kings brother as Duke of there only duchy.

The funny thing is that King treamlin seriously weakned cohesion in his own realm by betraying dunnera at first to the demands of the Mad King.
The nobles do not want Dobromirs brother as Duke, lord or realm member any more after destroying Fontan city completly (raiasing taxes, detsroying RCs, removing markets, calling holiday, destroying all infrastructure like acedmies or healing houses etc etc) and asking his brother to attack Dunnera after several treats.
They want to fight for there independency instead of fading away in history like Dobromirs slaves.

Hinamoto

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: September 27, 2012, 03:06:04 PM »
oew it looks like the Mad King and his Kingdom marches upon the Weak King and the loud Dunnerans.
This time the weak king is not going to betray his own realm to save his duchy, but he seems to choose to fight, thill the end.
King Dobromir has anounced to take back An najaf, Visue and Fontan city.
Will any other realms jump in? or will this be another silly small realm bash with no other realm daring to do anything afraid of also beeing anihilated?
Would be so lame if this war wouldnt spark a continental mayem.
I mean all we need is right there.
A Mad King overstepping him self in trying to create puppet realm in order to strenghten his influence over the EC by forcing this colony to apoint the mad kings brother as Duke of there only duchy.

The funny thing is that King treamlin seriously weakned cohesion in his own realm by betraying dunnera at first to the demands of the Mad King.
The nobles do not want Dobromirs brother as Duke, lord or realm member any more after destroying Fontan city completly (raiasing taxes, detsroying RCs, removing markets, calling holiday, destroying all infrastructure like acedmies or healing houses etc etc) and asking his brother to attack Dunnera after several treats.
They want to fight for there independency instead of fading away in history like Dobromirs slaves.

Perhaps you want to throw that speech in the role-playing section!

To be fair, Dunnerans pretty much brought this upon themselves. Banish the duke of the capital, brother of the one who pretty much created that realm seems like a greedy, power seeker act to me, and sort of bad timed. You should have done this once Dunnera had taken Krimml and the other regions and fortified and not now that you can barely field an army to kill a large group of undeads...

I don't know how was the relations with the rest of the realms but with Sirion the only thing Dunnera did was demanding lands, in fact since the problem was between Davis and Aiden, We recalled that Davis lied about Karbala moving to join Dunnera, subject that was never on the table. That kinda ended to discredit whatever Davis of Dunnera was saying/doing.

I know you are probably frustrated since you were one that pushed forward to create Dunnera but at least in my eyes the realm was really bad handled.
“A leader leads by example, not by force” .- Sun Tzu

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #68: September 27, 2012, 03:52:32 PM »
ow yes, the realm was handled bad indeed by almost everyone involved espeiclay on the part if it would be puppet state or not(sovreing or not).
and yes, my speech was totally subjective and more a roleplay than antyhing else.
I just like to call Dobromir the Mad King and exurate, gives a nice touch to it don't you say? :P
I don't really see the value in trying to be objective on these forums anyway, noone really can, so why not just make fun of it?

And i am just  a little frustrated that this might not turn out into an intresting war.
Because conflicts is why i play BM.
A realm without conflicts with its self or others is just boring.

yet i also have to correct you on the Lord aiden thing.
he always remained lord after the sucsesion untill he destroyed dunneras capital after he was fined 200 gold and quickly got banned.
The realm never 'planned' to get rid of him or anything, the government would rather have him on there side than against them.
But that doesn't mean they would accept high treason.
Also, no Lord aiden didn't found the Realm, treamlin did, Aiden just agreed by stepping down.
After the creation Lord Aiden also did almost nothing, he didn't even wrote letters untill he sacked the capital city that is.

Menethil

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: September 27, 2012, 04:04:43 PM »
Well well obviously people are telling part of the story to make it look good for themselves.

Basically the situation occurred that Davis was conspiring to get Aiden replaced in many messages in the council.  Aiden protested the noble with this message

Aiden has expressed his disagreement with the Banker's recent actions. He is giving this reason:
New to the realm an adventurer and new to a banker position and you already begin to plot against the Duke and the person who allowed the succession of Dunnera to happen.

Davis then took it out of context acting as if this was being called a commoner in which the word wasnt even mentioned.  The end result was a fine.  Aiden reacted by keeping the same tax rate but raising the amount of taxes knights pay to him directly (it was not a sabatage act) militia was lowered from 1.7K to 1K because he didnt agree with the fine.

Government paniced.  Banished Aiden from the realm THEN he sacked the city because he was banished without reasoning.  After commossion Dunnera agreed to ban Davis and restore Aiden.  After 5 days they went against this once again and shortly after Caligus declared war.

Honestly Dunnera are 100% guilty in all this they just try and somehow rationalise they are innocent in all of this and it is honestly a complete joke of a war in my opinion.  Its not even going to be fun just a slaughter and a waste of time in actually building a nation that could have done something in the future.

Hinamoto

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #70: September 27, 2012, 04:08:57 PM »
ow yes, the realm was handled bad indeed by almost everyone involved espeiclay on the part if it would be puppet state or not(sovreing or not).
and yes, my speech was totally subjective and more a roleplay than antyhing else.
I just like to call Dobromir the Mad King and exurate, gives a nice touch to it don't you say? :P
I don't really see the value in trying to be objective on these forums anyway, noone really can, so why not just make fun of it?

And i am just  a little frustrated that this might not turn out into an intresting war.
Because conflicts is why i play BM.
A realm without conflicts with its self or others is just boring.

yet i also have to correct you on the Lord aiden thing.
he always remained lord after the sucsesion untill he destroyed dunneras capital after he was fined 200 gold and quickly got banned.
The realm never 'planned' to get rid of him or anything, the government would rather have him on there side than against them.
But that doesn't mean they would accept high treason.
Also, no Lord aiden didn't found the Realm, treamlin did, Aiden just agreed by stepping down.
After the creation Lord Aiden also did almost nothing, he didn't even wrote letters untill he sacked the capital city that is.

Aiden didn't funded Dunnera, neither Traemlin, Dobromir did because if it wasn't for Dobromir's will there wouldn't be any Dunnera in the first place.

Of course i disagree with Dobromir's intention of creating a puppet realm, 100% agree with you on that but how Dunnera handled things it was really foolish. You don't want to be a puppet realm yet you go demand Sirion to handle Negev because DOBROMIR requested Negev for Dunnera. So you use Caligus to get lands and then kick the most influential character out of the captal?

If you love to generate conflicts then just enjoy it, but there isn't really nothing you can justify tho you can be proud that you brought Dunnera into its doom!  :P
“A leader leads by example, not by force” .- Sun Tzu

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #71: September 27, 2012, 04:30:58 PM »
Conflict woo shake things up!!!

Interesting, perhaps this new realm should live! Then again death to the rebels the empire must conquer all...

Puppet realm created and destroyed with in 3months mm reminds me of Darka's puppet they made long ago.
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #72: September 27, 2012, 05:55:42 PM »
Aiden didn't funded Dunnera, neither Traemlin, Dobromir did because if it wasn't for Dobromir's will there wouldn't be any Dunnera in the first place.

Of course i disagree with Dobromir's intention of creating a puppet realm, 100% agree with you on that but how Dunnera handled things it was really foolish. You don't want to be a puppet realm yet you go demand Sirion to handle Negev because DOBROMIR requested Negev for Dunnera. So you use Caligus to get lands and then kick the most influential character out of the captal?

If you love to generate conflicts then just enjoy it, but there isn't really nothing you can justify tho you can be proud that you brought Dunnera into its doom!  :P

Yeah of you look at it that way then yes Dobromir created it.
The actual sucsesion was done by Treamlin who also decided on how to rule the realm and its culture as far as he could go...

I also fully agree hes not such a smart diplomat or King... at all.
Your example is one out of tousands.
The worse one is of course to first be anti Aiden, then pro Aiden and then anti Aiden again not just by words but also by actions, he got Aidens ban lifted and anounced to reapointment and also just forgiving him for his high treason telling the realm not to fight Caligus. a few days later he wants him banned again and tells the realm we should fight.
Same happened with Davis, first he supporoted Davis the next day he exiles him for stuff he actually had Lord Aiden trialed for because it was made up.
Davis was ought to be part of some uber secret movement that controled the entire cotninent... nice compliment but far away from the truth, very far... :P
Another big mistake was not involving the nobility of the realm in deciding how to rule it or what course to fair, especialy concerning King Dobromirs power over the realm.

And if my chars persistent sturggle against Aiden will cause the destruction of a whole realm or a big war, i'd certainly be proud :) (yeay something happens)

Francios

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #73: September 27, 2012, 10:33:06 PM »
I FEEL SO LEFT OUT :'(

I forgot why I had a forum account, but no way... Why am I missing this discussion!

I also fully agree hes not such a smart diplomat or King... at all.
Your example is one out of tousands.
The worse one is of course to first be anti Aiden, then pro Aiden and then anti Aiden again not just by words but also by actions, he got Aidens ban lifted and anounced to reapointment and also just forgiving him for his high treason telling the realm not to fight Caligus. a few days later he wants him banned again and tells the realm we should fight.
Same happened with Davis, first he supporoted Davis the next day he exiles him for stuff he actually had Lord Aiden trialed for because it was made up.
Davis was ought to be part of some uber secret movement that controled the entire cotninent... nice compliment but far away from the truth, very far... :P
Another big mistake was not involving the nobility of the realm in deciding how to rule it or what course to fair, especialy concerning King Dobromirs power over the realm.

I totally agree. I kinda wanted Davis to be out as soon as the conflict started. Leonardo was still pro-Caligus at that time. I was actually waiting for elections to come so he can be voted out. Turns out its not even a month.. Then the rallying in Sordidus plus militia and tax share raising. I admit I panicked. It definitely looked like a deliberate attempt to lower defenses!

And yeah.. definitely beats clearing monsters and repair regions. Oh no, wait. Warrior Heroes can't do anything during peace time.
Leonardo - Dunnera, Tieria - Perdan, Raphael - Strombran, Darius - CE
Ad honorem, ad mortem

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #74: September 27, 2012, 10:39:56 PM »
I am still of the opinion that if a realm wants a splinter of it to be subordinate to its will, the new ruler should be a prince, a grand duke, something other than an equal rank to the originating realm's ruler.