Author Topic: New War Predictions  (Read 156701 times)

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
Re: New War Predictions
« Reply #75: September 27, 2012, 11:04:47 PM »
I am still of the opinion that if a realm wants a splinter of it to be subordinate to its will, the new ruler should be a prince, a grand duke, something other than an equal rank to the originating realm's ruler.

Then there should be a option that instead of creating a new realm during the secession, we could create a Protectorate. With this we could have a different message group instead a new realm and the Leader of this could be a Prince/ess.

We can add some options to this to make it balance, but we need to make noise with this on the Feature Request.

Peace!

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #76: September 28, 2012, 12:02:24 AM »
I am still of the opinion that if a realm wants a splinter of it to be subordinate to its will, the new ruler should be a prince, a grand duke, something other than an equal rank to the originating realm's ruler.

I hope this never happens... Nivemus would have been so boring had we been Sirion's play thing...

Zakilevo

« Reply #77: September 28, 2012, 12:09:44 AM »

I actually agree with this. If you are a ruler and you want to create a puppet, you should not be giving the ruler of your colony a title like 'king'. It means you are admitting he is your equal. Maybe Dunnera should have been called Principality of Dunnera instead of Kingdom of Dunnera.

Menethil

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #78: September 28, 2012, 12:44:45 AM »
Dunnera was not meant to be a puppet.  They were just meant to keep their word.  Dunnera was never asked to bow down to Caligus nor was Dobromir ever going to ask them to.  Just Dunnera displayed insulting rogue actions for the sake of being 'free'.  Lets say they went about everything completely the wrong way and simply an idiotic fashion to get yourself killed.

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #79: September 28, 2012, 01:11:52 AM »
Actually, from Dobromir's messages, it really does seem like he wanted to use Dunnera as a Caligus puppet...

Zakilevo

« Reply #80: September 28, 2012, 01:30:46 AM »
Actually, from Dobromir's messages, it really does seem like he wanted to use Dunnera as a Caligus puppet...

Well Dobromir did send a letter to Traemlin saying this:

I am sorry to threaten you but Dunnera is supposed to be an extension of Caligus and it is obviously not.

Clears things a bit.

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81: September 28, 2012, 01:46:03 AM »
You should be mistaken if you think that Caligus will let secede a duchy and create another realm if it wasn't for Defense purpose.

It has been proven many times, Power Realms need Buffer States if they want to preserve their power without risking their own land.

In resume, Dunnera is a shield from Sirion/Nivemus, like Westmoor is for Perdan(may claim otherwise) and DOA was for Ibladesh. and last but not least @#A!^T(*%A(*)M&^&A(!(#)@R$%A.

So i am on Caligus's side on erasing that mistake and erecting a new puppet.

Peace!

Menethil

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #82: September 28, 2012, 12:58:31 PM »
Actually there is no new plans to create a new realm in Dunnera place.  Dobromir is taking it as the whole idea was a mistake because it turned out badly.  Furthermore, Dobromir dished out those words on purpose to see whether the nobles that joined Dunnera from Caligus were still loyal to Caligus or not.  Only the two main people who gained leadership positions turned out to not be loyal anymore.

But yeah at this point Caligus has no interest in peace because it sees an enemy now and in the future best to eliminate an enemy that has simply conspired against you from day one.

I still think its all rather pathetic to be honest.  Dunnera is just going to hole up in Fontan city its not like they are really going to fight.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #83: September 28, 2012, 01:44:47 PM »
Actually there is no new plans to create a new realm in Dunnera place.  Dobromir is taking it as the whole idea was a mistake because it turned out badly.  Furthermore, Dobromir dished out those words on purpose to see whether the nobles that joined Dunnera from Caligus were still loyal to Caligus or not.  Only the two main people who gained leadership positions turned out to not be loyal anymore.

But yeah at this point Caligus has no interest in peace because it sees an enemy now and in the future best to eliminate an enemy that has simply conspired against you from day one.

I still think its all rather pathetic to be honest.  Dunnera is just going to hole up in Fontan city its not like they are really going to fight.

What do you mean?
Do you really think Dunnera can be much of a treat against the mighty Caligus if it Couldn't grow bigger then it currently is?
As i said before, wars of elimination are really a buzz kill.
let them live in restriction, there is nothing they can do really.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #84: September 28, 2012, 02:07:10 PM »
Well Dobromir did send a letter to Traemlin saying this:

I am sorry to threaten you but Dunnera is supposed to be an extension of Caligus and it is obviously not.

Clears things a bit.
+1. Saw it somewhere, someone...

On another note, Viseu has returned to Caligus.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #85: September 28, 2012, 02:32:59 PM »
I wonder where all the Dunneran nobles will go.

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #86: September 28, 2012, 02:51:23 PM »
I wonder where all the Dunneran nobles will go.

Away from EC..at least I am. Whole thing has left a bad taste in my mouth over the entire island.
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #87: September 28, 2012, 03:54:46 PM »
Yeah i am afraid IF dunnera falls most of the dunnerans will disperse with alot less motivation as before.
However Davis will try to keep them together, he believes the whole crisis has given Dunnera a character, a culture something that unites the nobles.
While all the weaklings coward away from a fight, the true dunnerans will stand against all odds and show the continent how a true noble warrior fights for his valour and honour.
That is what Davis believes has become dunnera, a culture surounded on honour, heroism, strenght by the sword and glory in battle, where weakness is the most foul of all traits.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #88: September 28, 2012, 05:05:00 PM »
Lets say they went about everything completely the wrong way and simply an idiotic fashion to get yourself killed.

Let me give the average Dunneran knights view of the events.

Aiden was accused of calling the Royal Treasurer of Dunnera a commoner. There was a trial that lasted two days I think. Aiden had the opportunity to defend himself but chose to remain silent. Not surprisingly he was fined 200 gold. What happened after that?

Well, suddenly Caligus is down our necks about things, lowering relations and starting to threaten with war. It was concluded Aiden had gone to his kin in Caligus and cried foul. No surprise that he was then banned for being the traitor he was for drawing a foreign power into an internal matter. Aiden then further enraged everyone in the realm by tearing down every structure in Fontan.

The king of Caligus continued making crazy demands of returning everything to Aiden after he pretty much gave the entire realm the middle finger with his actions. You're surprised very few are willing to entertain the idea of Aiden holding any sort of position of power in Dunnera after that?

The fact our leaders were indecisive and generally seemed to handle things like a bunch of amateurs probably didn't help, but then again I don't think anyone could have changed things since it's all pretty much a single player throwing a tantrum while holding all the cards.
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

Menethil

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #89: September 28, 2012, 07:17:32 PM »
What do you mean?
Do you really think Dunnera can be much of a treat against the mighty Caligus if it Couldn't grow bigger then it currently is?
As i said before, wars of elimination are really a buzz kill.
let them live in restriction, there is nothing they can do really.

From Caligus point of view why in the world would they allow it.  Furthermore, probably Davis went on Dobromir's blacklist which likely means an island wide ban :P