Author Topic: New War Predictions  (Read 156740 times)

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: New War Predictions
« Reply #180: October 13, 2012, 04:50:37 AM »
Don't worry we can always take the sea route... they'll never see it coming. ::)

Honestly, attacking via sea routes would probably be a bad idea against Nivemus, and that's even if you were successful. We have two huge rural regions, a townsland, and a city all on the coast. The townsland and the city will obviously have walls and militia so you don't want to land there. One rural region is a turn away from our capital, the other two turns away. And there are only two of those regions. Let's suppose we put a force of militia in Juazeiro. Then, once again, heavy, heavy casualties to land there. The other one is right next door to our capital.

Yeah, Nivemus is pretty well defended so far as the sea route scenario goes, and quite honestly, I think a sea attack would be way too dangerous for Westmoor to do on us if they declared war on us anyways. They can hit our rural region and one of our less meaningful regions while we rape either your capital or Oligarch. Then, we move back, refit in our capital, and smack your army down before you can head back to Westmoor-land. Not very fun.  :P

Quite honestly, this whole sea route attack is a very, very, very high risk attack. But, if done successfully and well, it can tip the balance of a war in your favor tremendously as well. I am still waiting on two realms being in each others capitals though. That would be hilarious.

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #181: October 13, 2012, 08:09:27 AM »
You know who would benefit the least from a sea war? The traditional powers of Sirion and Perdan. :)

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #182: October 13, 2012, 08:20:51 AM »
Honestly, attacking via sea routes would probably be a bad idea against Nivemus, and that's even if you were successful. We have two huge rural regions, a townsland, and a city all on the coast. The townsland and the city will obviously have walls and militia so you don't want to land there. One rural region is a turn away from our capital, the other two turns away. And there are only two of those regions. Let's suppose we put a force of militia in Juazeiro. Then, once again, heavy, heavy casualties to land there. The other one is right next door to our capital.

Yeah, Nivemus is pretty well defended so far as the sea route scenario goes, and quite honestly, I think a sea attack would be way too dangerous for Westmoor to do on us if they declared war on us anyways. They can hit our rural region and one of our less meaningful regions while we rape either your capital or Oligarch. Then, we move back, refit in our capital, and smack your army down before you can head back to Westmoor-land. Not very fun.  :P

Quite honestly, this whole sea route attack is a very, very, very high risk attack. But, if done successfully and well, it can tip the balance of a war in your favor tremendously as well. I am still waiting on two realms being in each others capitals though. That would be hilarious.

You do realize were referring to attack Sirion right?

Laughing
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #183: October 13, 2012, 08:34:10 AM »
It seems that the good ruler of Nivemus's player doesn't quite grasp the geography and political landscape of the continent. :P

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #184: October 13, 2012, 09:22:32 AM »
It seems that the good ruler of Nivemus's player doesn't quite grasp the geography and political landscape of the continent. :P

Who's the ruler of Nivemus' player? His wife? :D

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #185: October 13, 2012, 04:47:20 PM »

Actually, what I said makes sense considering he A) didn't quote anybody and B) Came after my post that said:

Well, first we smash that pesky Nivemus. Grrr. How dare they be in between us and Parm!

Therefore, my deduction that he was talking about Nivemus there makes complete sense.

Who's the ruler of Nivemus' player? His wife? :D

FYMF!  ;D

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #186: October 13, 2012, 07:12:26 PM »
But you're -not- between Westmoor and Parm.

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #187: October 13, 2012, 07:15:05 PM »
But you're -not- between Westmoor and Parm.

Actually, Nivemus is in a direct line between Westmoor and Parm. Unless you can forsee some other way of taking and being able to defend Parm without taking Ashforth. I don't see a way to do it, honestly.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #188: October 13, 2012, 07:31:42 PM »
Oh, I never said it was MY intent.  Ideally, I'd see Westmoor gaining Krimml, Braga, Oberndorf, and Ashforth with Nivemus gaining the lands to Parm and Sir Temple. Along with a new realm gaining Fontan, Avamar, and...  Whatever that other city down in the corner near Fontan is.  I've honestly never bothered learning its name!

Anyway, a direct line is Commonyr > Tabost > Sermbar > Parm.  Logistically and tactically, it would be ungainly and undefendable (especially for the long term), but it IS the direct line

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #189: October 13, 2012, 07:41:17 PM »
Oh, I never said it was MY intent.  Ideally, I'd see Westmoor gaining Krimml, Braga, Oberndorf, and Ashforth with Nivemus gaining the lands to Parm and Sir Temple. Along with a new realm gaining Fontan, Avamar, and...  Whatever that other city down in the corner near Fontan is.  I've honestly never bothered learning its name!

Anyway, a direct line is Commonyr > Tabost > Sermbar > Parm.  Logistically and tactically, it would be ungainly and undefendable (especially for the long term), but it IS the direct line

Somehow you take our capital and expect us to team with you against Sirion? While I guess it's possible, that would be one hell of a thing to pull off.

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #190: October 13, 2012, 07:42:39 PM »
What if instead I was referring to Perdan taking the scenic route?

Would you both then be wrong?
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #191: October 13, 2012, 08:01:09 PM »
Somehow you take our capital and expect us to team with you against Sirion? While I guess it's possible, that would be one hell of a thing to pull off.

Who said TAKE your capital?  I'd say for Parm and Sir Temple, Nivemus should be more than willing to give Ashforth away and be all "Woohoo!  Bigger city!"

As for you, Blue Star, still need adjacent lands to annex them.  I mean, you could march north to sack them, but not for annexing.

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #192: October 13, 2012, 10:16:24 PM »
Who said TAKE your capital?  I'd say for Parm and Sir Temple, Nivemus should be more than willing to give Ashforth away and be all "Woohoo!  Bigger city!"

As for you, Blue Star, still need adjacent lands to annex them.  I mean, you could march north to sack them, but not for annexing.

Ashforth, Oroya, and Parm would make for an interesting golden triangle...

Zakilevo

« Reply #193: October 14, 2012, 11:41:52 PM »
Dunnera has one region left :o....

Menethil

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #194: October 14, 2012, 11:50:07 PM »
Bye Bye King also lol