Author Topic: Family Ties  (Read 7514 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Family Ties
« Reply #15: April 15, 2011, 04:37:37 AM »
It depends an awful lot on the realm. My character on the East Continent took fifteen months to even become a Lord. My character on Beluaterra was a Lord after about six weeks, General after two months and Ruler before he reached the four month mark.

You also were lucky enough to pick the right realms. I was lord in Enweil almost as soon as I joined, and almost as soon on the Council. It was greatly thanks to timing.

You could have a completely different experience of a realm if you arrive there at one time or, say, 4 months later.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: April 15, 2011, 11:11:49 AM »
It took me some 5 months to become a lord. Then I lost it after a few months and it took me another 7 months to gain another lordship. From there I've gone through 5-6 lordships, 2 council positions, 3-4 marshalships, and some others things..

Anyways, my point is whether or not your timing is good or not, I believe that most players who stick around and are dedicated to the game eventually get the ball rolling.
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Triggster

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: April 15, 2011, 03:37:25 PM »
You also were lucky enough to pick the right realms. I was lord in Enweil almost as soon as I joined, and almost as soon on the Council. It was greatly thanks to timing.

You could have a completely different experience of a realm if you arrive there at one time or, say, 4 months later.

Yep, I would put it more down to timing rather than the realm. However, some realms definitely have much more fierce competition for positions than others. Sometimes I feel that Tara is actually pleased to have players active enough to send messages and ask for any open positions. I'm surprised I got one in Morek to be frankly honest, but I guess I am just that amazing.  8)

Heq

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: April 27, 2011, 08:12:29 AM »
For my part I have three family lines, two of which dislike each other and one which is a junior branch so each of them acts differently.

The most powerful military branch of the family fights with everyone, all the time, and holds grudges over nothing at all.  I admit that I use some OOC variables, basically until you hit 100 days in game I stretch my mind to come up with ways for any Fraoch to go to the wall for the character, but given that the two main characters are a mercury addict and a religious psycho an excuse can usually be concocted.  After 100 days I look for ways to start feuds, as it promotes interactivity, and feuds drove a whole lot of good RP and character development.

I would point out there is a difference between holding a grudge and acting on a grudge, but shaking your fist across a continent is awesome.