Author Topic: New colonies  (Read 22503 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: New colonies
« Reply #30: October 26, 2012, 11:09:46 AM »
Populations aren't anywhere near recovered enough yet (mainly causing problems because there aren't any blasted smithies you can use because they collapse too quickly), but once Riombara is back on its feet more, expect to see some.

You can now sail to far-off corners to do so too.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: October 26, 2012, 01:16:01 PM »
I just want to chime in to support the complaint about population recovery. We're talking literal real-life years until these regions—rurals, not just cities—recover, because they're relying on new births alone. Migration only works when you don't have vast swaths of land devoid of human life. I know that growth is on a curve, but it's a damned slow curve. BM isn't supposed to be a simulator. Until populations recover, you can pretty much expect zero war. There are serious diplomatic proposals to recognize a minimum 6-month peace period. Is that a trade-off everyone is happy with? I think it sucks.

Naidraug

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: October 26, 2012, 01:36:57 PM »
Yeah...Reeds is a region that is going to take a long time to return back on it's track.

We now have a population of 490 of 38400 possible.

With 11 births a day... with most of our former rogue regions with population on the 100, it's going to take a long loooong time until immigrants start flowing and we have a bigger growth rate

Stryfe Family: Tristan - Heorot/ Scherzer - Nothoi / Finan - Caelum / Arya - Farronite Republic

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #33: October 26, 2012, 02:27:09 PM »
do you get "immigrants from far away places have arrived." messages? Because in such depopulated areas you should, we added that exactly for those cases.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: October 26, 2012, 02:29:20 PM »
do you get "immigrants from far away places have arrived." messages? Because in such depopulated areas you should, we added that exactly for those cases.

I know I haven't gotten those in Unger, at the lowest point it had 8K out of 28k peasants though so I don't know if that's low enough.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: October 26, 2012, 02:50:38 PM »
Current population in Irombro: 3206 of 18600 possible.

Irombro has seen no immigrants at all, only growing through natural growth of the region itself (about 10-20 or so a day?). I don't know when it's supposed to trigger though and if Irombro is still eligible for it. I can ask around Riombara to see if anyone has noticed it, if desired. We have various regions under 1000 population, including Grehk (though Grehk should sometimes be receiving immigrants from Ardmore, and has a current population of 952, and IIRC started out around 300)

Naidraug

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: October 26, 2012, 03:24:57 PM »

The only messages I get concerning population are the ones on the regional daily report and those are:

Low population and drained manpower causes lowered productivity.

Population is growing through 11 new births.
Stryfe Family: Tristan - Heorot/ Scherzer - Nothoi / Finan - Caelum / Arya - Farronite Republic

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: October 26, 2012, 03:29:36 PM »

I only get new birth messages. 11-14 a day, which, even if you apply a steady exponential curve will take more than a year IRL, and potentially two, for my particular city. It's relatively small in comparison to what they're talking about in the desert, too.

Naidraug

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: October 26, 2012, 03:52:45 PM »
With this current rate, not considering immigration, Reeds would gain 3696 peasants a year.

With a total pop of 38400, it would take almost 10 years to return to max capacity.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: October 26, 2012, 08:30:34 PM »

Never seen this, only the normal birth rate.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: October 26, 2012, 08:31:45 PM »
With this current rate, not considering immigration, Reeds would gain 3696 peasants a year.

With a total pop of 38400, it would take almost 10 years to return to max capacity.

Population growth even without immigration is a function of your current population.  The more people you have, the more pop out.  I would still guess a year given the widespread population die-off, although if all the regions surrounding were at full pop six months, perhaps.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: October 27, 2012, 03:14:25 PM »
I like the gritty feel of constantly fighting the ever-spawning hordes with the little gold one's devastated regions actually produce, personally.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: October 27, 2012, 03:35:59 PM »
Population is growing through 14 new births.
35 immigrants from far away places have arrived.

Working now. And quite the improvement :)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: October 27, 2012, 03:59:29 PM »

No region takes 10 years to return to max capacity. Population growth is not linear.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #44: October 27, 2012, 06:33:10 PM »

Wrong. You assume a linear growth, but it is exponential. Here's the difference: