Author Topic: Wiki editor?  (Read 3351 times)

Zakilevo

Wiki editor?
« Topic Start: September 18, 2012, 01:07:41 AM »
When will the old wiki editor be installed? The one that disappeared after the update?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki editor?
« Reply #1: September 18, 2012, 05:45:15 PM »
I didn't notice any change. If there was a different option, maybe it has been removed in the newer versions of MediaWiki. In that case, it's not coming back.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Zakilevo

« Reply #2: September 18, 2012, 06:09:38 PM »
I didn't notice any change. If there was a different option, maybe it has been removed in the newer versions of MediaWiki. In that case, it's not coming back.

Awww. That is too bad :(

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: September 18, 2012, 06:12:24 PM »
I think we've discussed this before, and IIRC, I could never figure out what editor you were talking about. I've never seen any kind of rich text editor for mediawiki.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Zakilevo

« Reply #4: September 18, 2012, 06:18:33 PM »
I think we've discussed this before, and IIRC, I could never figure out what editor you were talking about. I've never seen any kind of rich text editor for mediawiki.

I remember Tom knowing exactly what the name of the editor was. Was it Java? Don't know. It allowed you to change colors or make charts more easily unlike the current one where you actually have to look at old posts to figure out how to make one by putting lines like these,

{{
|-
|
|
}}

Instead when you press the create chart button it asked for [ ] columns and [ ] rows. Also, you could change the size, types, colors of fonts.

Guess you never used it. It was really convenient.