Author Topic: Released to Limbo  (Read 1453 times)

roland.walters@abbott.com

• Knight
    • View Profile
Released to Limbo
« Topic Start: September 24, 2012, 06:44:29 PM »
My adventurer character has had a very bad experience.  His realm was destroyed and before he could adopt a new country, he was arrested.  Ok, getting arrested is no big deal.  Happens all the time.  But when he paid his fine, he was released to no where, literally.  When I try to do anything that needs a location to function, like travel, I get a message saying "not possible from this location".  Is there any way to get out of this limbo or is the character screwed?

Roland

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Released to Limbo
« Reply #1: September 24, 2012, 06:45:39 PM »
I believe there's a general issue with rogue characters who were released from prison.

Does this sound like your issue? http://bugs.battlemaster.org/view.php?id=7364
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: September 24, 2012, 08:13:52 PM »
My adventurer character has had a very bad experience.  His realm was destroyed and before he could adopt a new country, he was arrested.  Ok, getting arrested is no big deal.  Happens all the time.  But when he paid his fine, he was released to no where, literally.  When I try to do anything that needs a location to function, like travel, I get a message saying "not possible from this location".  Is there any way to get out of this limbo or is the character screwed?

Roland

Now I want to try this.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

roland.walters@abbott.com

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: September 24, 2012, 08:23:25 PM »
The bug report describes the situation that Damian, my adventurer character in Dwilight, is in.  Since a bug report has been filed, I won't duplicate if with another one.

Roland

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #4: September 24, 2012, 08:30:47 PM »
Theoretically, you should be given the option to "start a new life", including teleport to the realm you choose. But apparently that is broken right now. We're working on it. The more details you can add to the bug report linked above, the easier it is for us to find and fix the issue.