Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 multiplayer game  (Read 20136 times)

Alpha

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Crusader Kings 2 multiplayer game
« Topic Start: September 20, 2012, 02:10:43 AM »
Would anyone be interested in playing a Crusader Kings 2 multiplayer game?

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 multiplayer game
« Reply #1: September 20, 2012, 03:16:39 AM »
How would that even work?
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Alpha

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: September 20, 2012, 03:22:30 AM »
How would that even work?

One person hosts the game, and others can join by IP address. Players join a lobby to select starting positions. Host controls game speed. Anyone can pause.

I've only played a few games this way, and it isn't fast. We manged to get rather far over the course of weekend.

Barek (jerm)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: September 20, 2012, 04:20:02 AM »
I would loooooooooooooove to do this, but two kids in the house would make it difficult at best.
You should take everything I say with a grain of salt.  But I'm not a werewolf.  Really.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: September 20, 2012, 05:27:15 AM »
Considering how you need everyone online for this to work, games will go slow even with 2 or 3 people, and will get exponentially slower the more guys there are. Running separate games based on timezones would prolly be the best idea.

Myself and Arundel used to play a lot of games together and we'd prolly be willing to play with some other people.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: September 20, 2012, 06:50:45 AM »
I assume you all play in a very close starting proximity to one another? Otherwise... it would basically just be like playing by yourself except for the vague realization that X character across the map is human.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: September 20, 2012, 07:13:48 AM »
Yeah.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: September 20, 2012, 11:49:16 AM »
Definitely want to give this a try very badly. You guys play with any rules?

Alpha

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: September 20, 2012, 01:55:55 PM »
Definitely want to give this a try very badly. You guys play with any rules?

Starting characters had to be Dukes or below. Also, we didn't really set it in stone, but we agreed not to overuse assassination on players.

I assume you all play in a very close starting proximity to one another? Otherwise... it would basically just be like playing by yourself except for the vague realization that X character across the map is human.

We were basically playing by ourselves for a while. The starts that I remember from last game were Aquitaine, Brittany, Sicily, Scottish duchy, English duchy, Hungarian duchy, Byzantine duchy.  and there was someone else in the east.

Considering how you need everyone online for this to work, games will go slow even with 2 or 3 people, and will get exponentially slower the more guys there are. Running separate games based on timezones would prolly be the best idea.

Myself and Arundel used to play a lot of games together and we'd prolly be willing to play with some other people.

I think there were 12 players on the first day, and then about 8 afterward. It took a while because we couldn't get the game speed above 2x.

We had a diverse group of timezones. 
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 04:14:23 PM by Alpha »

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: September 20, 2012, 08:01:20 PM »
I think there were 12 players on the first day, and then about 8 afterward. It took a while because we couldn't get the game speed above 2x.

If you're willing to abandon players it should work decently well.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: February 18, 2013, 07:42:51 PM »
So I JUST discovered this game. Holy !@#$. This is amazing. It also seems like it could take a REALLY LONG TIME. Either way, I've got a new hotness.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: February 18, 2013, 07:49:58 PM »
So I JUST discovered this game. Holy !@#$. This is amazing. It also seems like it could take a REALLY LONG TIME. Either way, I've got a new hotness.

It can take a very long time. But, you don't have to play games all the way through. It also has no "win" condition, so you can set goals for yourself then start a new game after completing your goals.

Also, if you have any experience with gfx files/modding see my other thread. I need help to make it work.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: February 19, 2013, 04:50:32 AM »
I would love to try this sometime, if I could block out a period of time to play on a weekend or something.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: February 20, 2013, 06:56:10 AM »
I can play whenever.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Alpha

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: February 20, 2013, 05:31:05 PM »
I'd certainly dedicate a weekend to it if there is enough interest.