Author Topic: New Religion: PLEASE HELP ME :)  (Read 17194 times)

Meneldur

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: New Religion: PLEASE HELP ME :)
« Reply #15: April 03, 2011, 06:30:10 PM »
Oooh sounds like a very interesting concept. I like the way that it is different; concepts (like blood-drinking) that might seem abhorrent to us as players certainly give it a unique flavour compared to other BM religions.
Perhaps after the war is over Constantine might pop down and investigate. Although the two religions probably wouldn't really get along ((tritheism vs. monotheism) they both seem to share an emphasis on the importance of blood (in SA the Bloodstars are so named because they exert their influence via the blood).

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #16: April 03, 2011, 06:47:42 PM »
And the BT Light got recharged faster by blood. Blood's kind of important indeed. For example, people die when they don't have blood, therefore, blood is important for people.  ;D

But that's the only manifestation of these strange human superstitions, and won't appear again (probably). Though I guess if liquids in different hues of red and of varying viscosity is to one's liking...sure. I'm kind of thinking vampires though, like in Twilight.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: April 04, 2011, 12:18:51 AM »
Where is this religion going to be originating? I don't know any characters of Shenron. As in what realm of Dwilight?
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: April 04, 2011, 12:38:47 AM »
The religion will be founded in the Grand Duchy of Fissoa in about a few weeks.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: April 04, 2011, 12:46:43 AM »
tl;dr.

I was hoping you'd say Terran, then I'd actually have a chance to visit one of the temples.

Edit: Sorry for asking that question twice, I forgot I previously asked. Perhaps once I lose my position as High Magistrate - I'll need to be in Caerwyn to deal with all the prisoners.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 12:49:15 AM by DoctorHarte »
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: April 04, 2011, 01:03:38 AM »
hmmm well we have 3/4 peeps up here on Dwi collaborating on a new religion for Dwi too. Should be an interesting month :D Holy Month of April maybe :D
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

Shenron

• Noble Lord
  • Come and play people ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: April 05, 2011, 12:02:23 AM »
Is there even a moderator in this forum...  :(

Do the devs have some powers? Could you pretty please take this discussion away, I'm honestly trying to develop the ideas of the religion and instead theres a fight about SMA. The reason why I get pissed off is because there is much much worse things in BM that people don't say on the forum and when I mention a temporary lordship (that has nothing to do with any OOC agreement thank you very much) I get hordes of people who apparently give a flying crap why I opened this thread in the first place.

So please, someone with forum powers, move this discussions away!
My language: (Apologies for any confusion this results in.)
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

ó Broin

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: April 05, 2011, 12:11:43 AM »
No, there doesn't appear to be a moderator assigned to the BM General Discussion group. I'm not sure if we have any super mods apart from Tom.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: April 05, 2011, 02:18:25 AM »
Faster than a speeding flame war!

Able to split huge topics in a single sitting!

It's...SUPER MOD!

Topic split.  SMA discussion moved to "Temporary Lordships for Founding Religions?"
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Shenron

• Noble Lord
  • Come and play people ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: April 05, 2011, 11:22:07 AM »
Yay, the thread is back!

Anyway. I'm going to start writing on the weekend. If anyone has any envoys who want to meet Shin. Drop into Fissoa and Shin should tell you everything about it.
My language: (Apologies for any confusion this results in.)
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #25: April 09, 2011, 10:49:50 AM »
Ironical name: Omni Amor Veritas : Everyone loves the Truth
My latin is not great, but I believe I translated it right.

But sounds interesting, good luck.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Hossenfeffer

• Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sanguis Astroism - The Bloodstar Phases
« Reply #26: April 09, 2011, 07:15:28 PM »
Although the two religions probably wouldn't really get along ((tritheism vs. monotheism) they both seem to share an emphasis on the importance of blood (in SA the Bloodstars are so named because they exert their influence via the blood).
It would be great to see another religion SA could actually be friends with; that would make for some much more interesting dynamics and interaction than 'everyone outside SA hates it'.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: April 11, 2011, 08:09:36 PM »
It would be great to see another religion SA could actually be friends with; that would make for some much more interesting dynamics and interaction than 'everyone outside SA hates it'.

Triunism has SA listed as "variant," in case you didn't know. Several Triunists hate several Astroists, which bleeds over to Astroism somewhat, but Triunism does not hate Astroism.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Hossenfeffer

• Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sanguis Astroism - The Bloodstar Phases
« Reply #28: April 12, 2011, 10:20:12 AM »
Several Triunists hate several Astroists...
That's fair enough, several Astroists hate several other Astroists!

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: April 12, 2011, 07:20:02 PM »
That's fair enough, several Astroists hate several other Astroists!

Hahaha!   True that, true that.    I know of several that hate my character.   I think that is part of what makes SA so much fun.  SA's biggest threat is SA itself. 
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)