Author Topic: Clan activity detrimental to the game  (Read 15741 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Clan activity detrimental to the game
« Reply #15: September 21, 2012, 02:02:41 PM »
I got the information that it is possible for a capital to secede and that it happened on Atamara already.

Letter from Garm Tanngrisnir Crownguard   (6 days, 17 hours ago)
Message sent to everyone in message group "Schemers and Dreamers" (13 recipients)
Can a capital secede now?  They didn't used to be able to but I received a letter from my nephew on Atamara that the capital of his old realm seceded to the enemy.

It does feel a bit like there is a build up to something as you say.

Sir Garm Tanngrisnir Crownguard
Minister of Offense and Kepper of Hair and Fluff of Outer Tilog, Duke of Hilly Holes, Baron of Hilly Holes

GRAAAAARGH

Not this again.

Secede (v t, v it): To take the Duchy one is Duke of (containing at least one city) and form of it a new realm. Cannot be done with the last city in a realm. (Used to be impossible with a capital.)

Change Allegiance (v it): To take the region one is Lord of or the Duchy one is Duke of and join it to another realm. Cannot be done with the last city in a realm. (Has always been possible with a capital.)

Please make sure to keep them straight.

However, in this case, yes, the restriction on secession with the capital of the realm is gone. I'm...not sure if that was deliberate or not, but at least now the two options are in balance with what their restrictions are.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan