Author Topic: Clan activity detrimental to the game  (Read 15616 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Clan activity detrimental to the game
« Reply #30: September 21, 2012, 03:41:17 PM »
Thank you for clarifying this. So both options are actually a possibility for O.T. city. Good to know ...

Yep.

...And sorry for the dev-rage at the beginning; it's just that I've come across this confusion so many times, several of them recently.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Fury

« Reply #31: September 21, 2012, 03:42:14 PM »
The case has been started by Clark Raven Napper against himself who wishes a ruling to be made on the presence (if any) of a clan (and clannish activities) that is is supposedly a part of. He is not making any accusation against those who have accused him of this. Thus, the BattleMaster Server has not invited them to this thread as their names were not part of the case-mechanics initiation.

However, they've already been informed of this thread by the complainant.
Out-of-Character from Vladamire Abjur   (17 minutes ago)
Message sent to everyone in your realm (34 recipients)
http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,3192.0.html

Lets put this matter to rest, shall we?
Clark Raven Napper

A thread has been opened in the backroom and a ruling will generally be made within 3 days.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: September 21, 2012, 05:21:38 PM »
GRAAAAARGH

Not this again.

Secede (v t, v it): To take the Duchy one is Duke of (containing at least one city) and form of it a new realm. Cannot be done with the last city in a realm. (Used to be impossible with a capital.)

Change Allegiance (v it): To take the region one is Lord of or the Duchy one is Duke of and join it to another realm. Cannot be done with the last city in a realm. (Has always been possible with a capital.)

Please make sure to keep them straight.

However, in this case, yes, the restriction on secession with the capital of the realm is gone. I'm...not sure if that was deliberate or not, but at least now the two options are in balance with what their restrictions are.

Actually you are wrong. Well, probably not wrong about the design, but in practice I did exactly what you just said I can't do recently on Atamara. I changed the allegiance of Shanandoah from Hammarsett to Coria. It was not only the last city in the realm, it was the last region in the realm. From what you're saying, I now gather that this is a bug. However, anyone with a character currently on Atamara should probably be forgiven for thinking that it is in fact possible to change the allegiance of the only city in the realm.

Want me to put up a bug report?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: September 21, 2012, 05:28:56 PM »
Actually you are wrong. Well, probably not wrong about the design, but in practice I did exactly what you just said I can't do recently on Atamara. I changed the allegiance of Shanandoah from Hammarsett to Coria. It was not only the last city in the realm, it was the last region in the realm. From what you're saying, I now gather that this is a bug. However, anyone with a character currently on Atamara should probably be forgiven for thinking that it is in fact possible to change the allegiance of the only city in the realm.

Want me to put up a bug report?

Yes, please. I thought I'd squashed that one personally not long ago.

....maybe I fixed it only on testing? Not sure.

In any case, yes, please post a bug report. Until and unless Tom changes his mind on realm mergers, they are meant to be very difficult, and this makes them way too easy.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: September 21, 2012, 06:57:58 PM »
Done.

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: September 22, 2012, 11:34:09 AM »
What a fun realm!

Perhaps, i'll move a char there seems like my type of nobles.

Please do, the more the merrier I say! :)

It should also be noted that this is the first OOC flame fest that has happened for many many years now.

Indeed, I can't recall one having taken place before in the 6 or so years I've had a character in OT.

I can officially say that they do not exclude people... my character is now happily married to one Angus and looking forward to winning the election to the region I own.

For those not familiar, Angus is a fat, slovenly, usually drunk lecher whose hobbies include pawing at barmaids and spilling bodily fluids (usually his) about.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 11:44:53 AM by steelabjur@aol.com »

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #36: September 22, 2012, 12:25:07 PM »
Who is Bastlow's wife, no matter what anyone else or he may say about it.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: September 22, 2012, 12:37:28 PM »
Please take the chatter irrelevant to this case elsewhere.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Fury

« Reply #38: September 25, 2012, 03:50:57 PM »
In the case of Clan activity detrimental to the game, the Magistrates have found the accused, Clark Raven Napper, Not Guilty.

NOT GUILTY - 4 (80%)
GUILTY: warning only - 1  (20%)

Exclusion is only against the rules if it is based on OOC standards. In-game cultural uniqueness should not be mistaken for clanning. Players are reminded that there is to be no in-game public accusations of cheating in any form without proof.

This thread will stay open a short while to allow for questions and clarifications concerning the verdict only.