Author Topic: Clan activity detrimental to the game  (Read 15540 times)

Ironsun

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Clan activity detrimental to the game
« Reply #15: September 20, 2012, 10:47:08 PM »
Well, it all started a few days ago, when a few high ranking and longstanding nobles voiced their concerns and mentioned that Duke Valak might try to secede soon.  Also, some of the  autochthonous degenerates (Delirus included) felt that a bunch of "normal"  human beings were taking over the Duchy of Outer Tilog without talking very much and without honouring the (crazy) traditions of the realm.  Being paranoid and insane in nature, quite a lot of nobles plotted against the mighty duke, trying to weaken his position  by stabbing him and banning his lords. That is the true reason why Delirus issued both bans. Of course, as far as he is concerned, the true reason could always be the black mead he constantly is consuming. In any way, Duke Valak proves to to be quite resistant so far. :) So the plot goes on ...

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: September 20, 2012, 11:01:00 PM »
4 days 9 hours ago...(a fun read from there to now...no doubt...if your crazy)

Deycon Sutherland disobeyed orders.  I saw no messages from him but a little banter back n forth between the entirely insane characters of OT... resulting in Eirik Rauoa Veder Saga being banned also.

All was fine and good... lots of IC banter and protests and Tom Vogt foolery.  until the first OOC:

Out-of-Character from Deycon Sutherland   (22 hours, 15 minutes ago)
Message sent to everyone in your realm (35 recipients)
You know what sod this. If you're going to arbitrarily ban someone as an act of sheer twatery the least you can do is not piss !@#$ all over their profile.

Thats not even a proper ban message.

James Raffety
-

This followed by his pausing his character.

Then the Ruler steps in OOC as he should have being leader...  The result however is a couple yearling players who are expressing their opinion about senseless bans not being fun.... then escalation.
-

My opinion...   Just a typical bad day gone worse.  Both sides are wrong in the continued OOC bad form and all of this would have likely gone away had the original person banned spoken up IC to defend himself.

My experience with OT that if you have never been banned...you are playing wrong.  It is a realm full of the creepiest, craziest, cannibalistic, fiendish "nobles" anywhere in the game.  They are open about it...and even once baked one of my characters into a cake.  They profess openly that they do not play fair even among their own kind and any "player" who has a character there must learn to accept the insanity or move on.

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: September 21, 2012, 01:05:10 AM »
What a fun realm!

Perhaps, i'll move a char there seems like my type of nobles.
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #18: September 21, 2012, 01:18:45 AM »
Outer Tilog just got hit by Bastlow Kuriga... I don't know if he fits in or not, but he's already claimed a wife in the first few minutes being there.

Laszlo

• Peasant
  • Laszlo Corian
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: September 21, 2012, 08:48:01 AM »
Isn't O.T.C. the capital of Outer Tilog? Capitals can't sucede.

Ironsun

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: September 21, 2012, 12:32:25 PM »
I got the information that it is possible for a capital to secede and that it happened on Atamara already.

Letter from Garm Tanngrisnir Crownguard   (6 days, 17 hours ago)
Message sent to everyone in message group "Schemers and Dreamers" (13 recipients)
Can a capital secede now?  They didn't used to be able to but I received a letter from my nephew on Atamara that the capital of his old realm seceded to the enemy.

It does feel a bit like there is a build up to something as you say.

Sir Garm Tanngrisnir Crownguard
Minister of Offense and Kepper of Hair and Fluff of Outer Tilog, Duke of Hilly Holes, Baron of Hilly Holes

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: September 21, 2012, 12:34:46 PM »
Isn't O.T.C. the capital of Outer Tilog? Capitals can't sucede.

We are a very suspicious and paranoid lot who trust no one and expect treachery at every corner. So whether it's possible or not is beside the point...

I take offence at anyone making any claims about exclusion as well. Everyone is welcomed to Outer Tilog and encouraged to be a part of it. The choices they make on their behaviour within the realm after that may lead to them being ostracised, but certainly not excluded.

The realm is a democracy, whenever lordships are available this is left to the voting to decide (apart from some exceptions recently where regions were in incredibly poor shape and if left for the referendum to decide would have revolted, plus the Duke of Outer Tilog has appointed some people as well - raising the paranoia levels)

As I say, everything is normally done through voting. It should also be noted (though if my realm mates could cover their eyes for this bit it would be good) that when I've got options for votes I normally choose a name I've not heard of much (or someone relatively new that's not had any opportunities - unless I've been bribed well by someone of course)

We have also been know to give people that are new to the game great responsibility - think the record was when a new character arrived (0 days in game for the player) about 15 minutes later they were made marshal of our army.

There have also been occasions where we have been told by other realms that it will cause trouble if we allow certain people into our realm. Everyone is welcomed to Outer Tilog until and unless they've done something to gain out displeasure.

You can call us a lot of thing, you can dislike how we do things, but you cannot claim (with any foundation) that we exclude people.
WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: September 21, 2012, 12:44:16 PM »
Lots of top secret plotting planning and paranoia...

Please try to ensure the information given here is relevant to the case that's being investigated. Although the other information might be of interest, it's also current IC stuff and not really wanted as public knowledge...

The complaint was about clanning activity being detrimental to the game (due to exclusivity (that seems to be how I've understood it anyway))

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: September 21, 2012, 01:25:25 PM »
It should also be noted that this is the first OOC flame fest that has happened for many many years now.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: September 21, 2012, 02:02:41 PM »
I got the information that it is possible for a capital to secede and that it happened on Atamara already.

Letter from Garm Tanngrisnir Crownguard   (6 days, 17 hours ago)
Message sent to everyone in message group "Schemers and Dreamers" (13 recipients)
Can a capital secede now?  They didn't used to be able to but I received a letter from my nephew on Atamara that the capital of his old realm seceded to the enemy.

It does feel a bit like there is a build up to something as you say.

Sir Garm Tanngrisnir Crownguard
Minister of Offense and Kepper of Hair and Fluff of Outer Tilog, Duke of Hilly Holes, Baron of Hilly Holes

GRAAAAARGH

Not this again.

Secede (v t, v it): To take the Duchy one is Duke of (containing at least one city) and form of it a new realm. Cannot be done with the last city in a realm. (Used to be impossible with a capital.)

Change Allegiance (v it): To take the region one is Lord of or the Duchy one is Duke of and join it to another realm. Cannot be done with the last city in a realm. (Has always been possible with a capital.)

Please make sure to keep them straight.

However, in this case, yes, the restriction on secession with the capital of the realm is gone. I'm...not sure if that was deliberate or not, but at least now the two options are in balance with what their restrictions are.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #25: September 21, 2012, 02:25:20 PM »
I can officially say that they do not exclude people... my character is now happily married to one Angus and looking forward to winning the election to the region I own.

Ironsun

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: September 21, 2012, 03:12:39 PM »
And all of that without presenting a wedding ring :)

egamma

« Reply #27: September 21, 2012, 03:21:08 PM »
Imy character is now happily married to one Angus

*pukes uncontrollably*

I don't think there's a case here, at least not from the perspectives presented here.

Have the "new" players been invited to this thread?

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: September 21, 2012, 03:32:57 PM »
The link to the thread was posted to the entire realm as soon as it was created. I'll direct them here again though.

Ironsun

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: September 21, 2012, 03:37:32 PM »
Not this again.

Secede (v t, v it): To take the Duchy one is Duke of (containing at least one city) and form of it a new realm. Cannot be done with the last city in a realm. (Used to be impossible with a capital.)

Change Allegiance (v it): To take the region one is Lord of or the Duchy one is Duke of and join it to another realm. Cannot be done with the last city in a realm. (Has always been possible with a capital.)

Please make sure to keep them straight.

However, in this case, yes, the restriction on secession with the capital of the realm is gone. I'm...not sure if that was deliberate or not, but at least now the two options are in balance with what their restrictions are.

Thank you for clarifying this. So both options are actually a possibility for O.T. city. Good to know ...