Author Topic: Nice One, Tom  (Read 15975 times)

Darksun

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Bucksplace
Re: Nice One, Tom
« Reply #15: April 01, 2011, 04:22:44 PM »
Hey, hey, Canada's not that cold!  At least in the south. :P

It's April 1st and there is still snow on my lawn and I'm about 90 minutes away from the most southern point in Canada.

Stue (DC)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: April 01, 2011, 04:53:54 PM »
Since I've been playing, Tom always ;D managed to trick me. Congrats...

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #17: April 01, 2011, 05:10:35 PM »
It's April 1st and there is still snow on my lawn and I'm about 90 minutes away from the most southern point in Canada.

Okay, so I have snow on my lawn too... you may have a point.   :-\

You're in Windsor?  I'm from there. :D
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: April 01, 2011, 06:08:30 PM »
When I first saw the link, I thought it was for buying real world stuff.  Then I reread the text and figured I should look at it.

I was rather confused for the 15 seconds that it took to remember what day it was.

Silverfire

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: April 01, 2011, 06:12:20 PM »
I personally don't understand why some of that shouldn't be implemented...

If only Tom actually implemented a shop like that, except removed stuff like the +20 or +50 men units, he could pay for the entire expansions.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #20: April 01, 2011, 06:13:58 PM »
When I first saw the link, I thought it was for buying real world stuff.  Then I reread the text and figured I should look at it.

I was rather confused for the 15 seconds that it took to remember what day it was.

Hehe, I totally agree.  I also thought it was like t-shirts and stuff, but we already have something like that on the wiki, no?
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Ender

• Noble Lord
  • Neill Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: April 01, 2011, 07:43:26 PM »
I read through that list of things you could buy with utter horror on my face. Then, I raced to the forums wondering what madness this could be only to be reminded that: yes, it is April 1st, and yes, Tom fooled me once again.

I dont know how you do it but it's amazing!  ;D

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: April 01, 2011, 07:44:41 PM »
... you mean i don't get money from selling family gold?
firefox

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: April 01, 2011, 07:53:17 PM »
I'd been jittery and on edge about what the April Fool's Joke might be this year since turn hung on Atamara yesterday.  Some people may recall me talking about an Invasion of Atamara that Tom was setting up to explain the long time...And...Yeah...I was more worried than my joking demeanour might have indicated.

The rollback nearly killed me as one of my characters had pulled off a sneak attack to turn the tide of a campaign and potentially the whole war and it wouldn't work once it had been seen.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #24: April 01, 2011, 08:27:13 PM »
I was disappointed that I couldn't buy a ton of magic scrolls.

Woelfen

• Knight
  • Falling awake
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: April 01, 2011, 09:15:47 PM »
Well, as my first BM April Fool's I must say well done indeed.

Sure as hell did not expect to see something like that upon login! Good form Tom!

Heq

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: April 01, 2011, 09:37:56 PM »
Damn it, and I was about to turn Arcachon into a Huge Military Machine too.

*l*

Totally sucked me in, my first thought was "God, there is going to be hell about this, but it'll raise a crapload of money." and my second thought was "If this is real, the prices are way too low."

Hyral

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: April 01, 2011, 09:43:34 PM »
Even though I knew it was April Fool's, my first thought upon logging in was "Ohhh, an item shop!" *click!*

I disappoint myself T^T

Igelfeld

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: April 01, 2011, 09:47:47 PM »
My first thought was how much gold I could create by manipulating taxes and then doubling my tax production. 30,000 gold in one tax... not impossible.

Coria knows what I am talking about  ;)
Moritz Von Igelfeld - King of Asylon
Moria Von Igelfeld - Viscountess of Lanston
Ulrich Von Igelfeld - Knight of Remton, Dark Isle Colonist

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: April 01, 2011, 10:49:11 PM »
I made a quick log in this morning, and saw the shop thing, i hate it right away but was busy, so i waited to go back home and write a 10,000 character rant asking for the removal of the shop feature.  >:(

But now i read the forums ( yes normally i do not read forums "points the post counts") i see it was a old April's Fool.

I have to give the Tom credit, normally the jokes get me most of the time(last year's was obvious thought) but seriously, who does look to the date when login to BM?

And with couple of continents at full scale war everyone thinks of ways to surpass the others, thats where the jokes got the most people.

Nice one!