Author Topic: Adventuring in Limbo  (Read 7570 times)

roland.walters@abbott.com

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Adventuring in Limbo
« Topic Start: September 27, 2012, 03:43:12 PM »
Damian slowly became aware that he was awake.  Darn it.  Happened again.  Those books must have a sleep spell on them, he thought as he pushed the books back into his pack.  No sign of the food vendor yet.  He was running late, at least his stomach thought it was late.

Time to check up on the nobles.  Cautiously sneeking up the ridge, Damian slipped in behind a bush that overlooked the nobles campsite.  Ah, that was why the food vendor was late.  He was doing a brisk business in the nobles camp.  That was a bit odd as he had never seen a nob eat rat on a stick.  They must be really hungry.

Damian quietly returned to his campsite and patiently waited for the food vendor to show up.  He didn't know how they knew where to go but like the message delivers, they always managed to find a paying customer.  Sure enough, in just a few minutes the vendor appeared.

" The usual today?" the vendor asked.  "Yup, 5 rats on a stick for 1 silver will hold me for today."
The vendor took the coin and handed over the rats.  "Those nobs must really be hungry.  Looked like you were doing a brisk business in their camp."  "You saw that?" the vendor asked?  "Sure, I see everything that goes on around me," Damian bragged.  "But I never saw nobs eating rat on a stick before."

"Oh, they don't.  I sell them squirrel on a stick."  Squirrel on a stick sounded pretty good to Damian.  "How much are they," he asked.  "3 for a gold.  Real tasty too," the vendor replied.  "A bit too pricey for me right now," Damain replied.  " Maybe next time."

While Damian sat gnawing on his first rat on a stick, the vendor took out a knife and proceeded to start cutting the heads, tails, and paws off of some of the rats on a stick.  "Why are you doing that," Damian asked.  "The nobs are going to be hungry again soon and I need some more squirrel on a stick."
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 03:53:07 PM by roland.walters@abbott.com »