Author Topic: mouse scrolling and dynamic map  (Read 1147 times)

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
mouse scrolling and dynamic map
« Topic Start: September 25, 2012, 09:17:50 PM »
noticed something for a while.. did some experimenting just now.

firefox (latest stable)
logitech setpoint 6.32.7
in the mouse wheel options is a tick box for "smooth scrolling"... apparently ticking it is no good (at least for the dynamic map zooming!) <--- works ok for 6 lines.. but the others are really bad

there's a setting for scrolling 1,3,6 (lines) and screen.
(below are all with smooth scrolling off)

apparently... if you set it to 3, it'll zoom in/out by 1 level... if you set it to 6, it'll zoom in/out by 2 levels

funny thing happens when you set it to 6 (ie.. 2 levels)
because in dynamic map, it starts with level 2 (my labels.. goes from 1-5.. 1 being most zoomed in) if you try zooming in.. it doesn't go anywhere (ie.. it doesn't go to 1). if you zoom out once (2->4) then back (4->2) and try zooming in again.. it still doesn't go anywhere. if you zoom out twice, it'll go furthest out (2->4->5) and if you zoom back in twice, you get the most detailed map (5->3->1)

presumably because there isn't a zoom lvl that is 2 below 2 and so the game doesn't think you can zoom in anymore.

now that explains why i keep having to zoom out a lot before zooming back in to get the most detailed zoom when in the travel map.. and usually losing the focus on the current region.

perhaps it'll be possible to make it so even when on a setting 6 lines (or more).. when you zoom in, it'll always zoom from 2->1?

---
ps.. if i set it to 1 line... then most of the time the zoom level doesn't change unless i do some major wheel spin... and if i do that.. it's fairly unpredictable what lvls i end up with (aside from all the way out or all the way in... if i really spin it)

perhaps force it to change by 1 level only per wheel spin "click" (some logitech mouse have a "smooth" and a "clicky" mode) regardless of however many lines is selected at driver level? is that possible?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 09:19:39 PM by fodder »
firefox