Author Topic: Royal status with new message system  (Read 3356 times)

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Royal status with new message system
« Topic Start: September 26, 2012, 06:39:40 PM »
Hi,

Before filing a bugtracker entry I was wondering whether the removal of "Royal" both from the signature and from anywhere else in the game (yes, judges can ban those who were royal, at least in one instance I could check on testing) is intentional or an unintended consequence of the new message system.

cheers

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: Royal status with new message system
« Reply #1: September 26, 2012, 06:42:31 PM »
Neither. Royal should not change, it is even explicitly checked for in the new system. However, it won't show up when you have another title.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: September 26, 2012, 11:22:10 PM »
Neither. Royal should not change, it is even explicitly checked for in the new system. However, it won't show up when you have another title.

In most places, my royal doesn't show anymore. I'm now an ambassador and knight.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: September 27, 2012, 07:15:30 AM »
would making royal a separate thing help?

eg..

ruler of X, priest of Y, duke of Z, royal of B
knight of S, royal of B
noble, royal of B.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 10:42:34 AM by fodder »
firefox

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: September 27, 2012, 08:28:50 AM »
I can confirm as TS. One of my characters, is a Royal too. When he send out letter, there is no Royal beside his name title below. This is for Colonies, seems the problem is all islands as well...
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: September 27, 2012, 10:20:11 AM »

Ok I will put it on the bugtracker. My char on Dwilight does not have any position, used to be Royal, now is simply Noble and could even be banned from the Judge (I asked him to check).

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: September 27, 2012, 12:32:31 PM »
Ok I will put it on the bugtracker. My char on Dwilight does not have any position, used to be Royal, now is simply Noble and could even be banned from the Judge (I asked him to check).

Perhaps it wouldn'T work. Perhaps he isn't really royal? Or perhaps a bug removed the status?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: September 27, 2012, 02:02:10 PM »
Well he was royal until the message system changed. A coincidental bug could be the source of it, too, yes. If no one else had the same problem it is more likely to be the latter, you are right.

As for the Judge, that it might not work is a possibility, but I am just basing my statements on what the judge told me, and apparently before royals were greyed out.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: September 27, 2012, 02:16:10 PM »
Well he was royal until the message system changed. A coincidental bug could be the source of it, too, yes. If no one else had the same problem it is more likely to be the latter, you are right.

As for the Judge, that it might not work is a possibility, but I am just basing my statements on what the judge told me, and apparently before royals were greyed out.

Bustoarsenzio is still Royal according to the game.

This is a display bug.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: September 27, 2012, 02:23:33 PM »
Bustoarsenzio is still Royal according to the game.

This is a display bug.

Where can you see it? From the character list tab is no longer possible; is that some dev-magic thing? :p

but thanks for the info

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: September 27, 2012, 03:14:53 PM »
Could royal perhaps become a title that is always listed as a signature, beside lord or marshal or whatever in stead of being overwritten by it?

It bugs me that I'd lose that nice royal signature if I get another position. :)

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #11: September 27, 2012, 03:55:27 PM »
Could royal perhaps become a title that is always listed as a signature, beside lord or marshal or whatever in stead of being overwritten by it?

It bugs me that I'd lose that nice royal signature if I get another position. :)

You also lose ranks like (Duke) and (Lord) when you gain a new position.  Though (Royal) is special, it makes sense to disappear as it's not an actual title, just a status.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: September 28, 2012, 12:16:40 AM »
You also lose ranks like (Duke) and (Lord) when you gain a new position.  Though (Royal) is special, it makes sense to disappear as it's not an actual title, just a status.

Perhaps the signature could be in a slightly different color? Or another title, such as Sire, be added before the name as Sir is added before the name of donors?