Author Topic: Can old folk home club is considered as clan?  (Read 20956 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Can old folk home club is considered as clan?
« Reply #30: September 30, 2012, 01:11:33 PM »
But when it comes to new players, if I am in a position of power I am always looking for the new guys. Honestly, I seek out new people hoping they will be someone I can 1)make friends with and 2) rely on for things. Reliable people are hard to find and if I can find an enthusiastic youngster wanting to contribute, that can only mean goods things for both of us. I support him into positions/power quickly, we both gain a political ally/friend, and I gain a reliable character for military things, or even politics.

Indeed, giving newbies a freebie is often a really easy way to make an ally, because he's much more grateful than the guy who has been there forever and probably already has an opinion of you.

I also do this.

But I don't have the time and energy I had three years ago. As such, I tend to wait for them to say or do something noteworthy, such as speak out against someone I dislike or in favor of a cause I support. There was just too many newbies over the years who couldn't even be arsed to reply at anything, plus all of those who just autopaused, that I don't really have the will, personally, to do any of the first steps anymore.

I do feel it is totally normal, however, that they should at least show some interest in interacting with others if they wish to get anything from them. Mute newbies are of little interest, because 1) you can't tell what side they'd be on in any given conflict and 2) even if they did support you, they wouldn't contribute to making stuff interesting.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron