Author Topic: Can old folk home club is considered as clan?  (Read 20980 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Can old folk home club is considered as clan?
« Reply #30: September 30, 2012, 03:25:18 PM »
Most realms I've played in, to me, seem to have undue concentration of power based in large part on OOC friendships. Not to pick on someone specifically, but the relationship between the Bellator and Anaris families (i.e. players) is a great example.

You keep bringing this up, and I honestly have no idea where you're getting it from. Yes, I enjoy playing with Tonie and his characters and mine interact a lot. But a) they don't always actually get along, and b) there are only two instances in which they have actually held power together. One was in Svunnetland, where they both got so fed up with the state EricSP had left the realm in that they left the game (retired) together, and the other was in Pian en Luries—where they were opposed by a significant faction, and where I'm almost positive you never came. Furthermore, the only active conspiracy to keep people out of power they've participated in was in Pian en Luries, where said people were also actively working to undermine Alanna's reign. Finally, the other thing that characterizes the relationships between our various characters is that they tend to be each other's only political ally. It's really, really hard to deny people positions of power when there are only two of you working to do so.

I'm really peeved that you seem to somehow have it in for the two of us, when all we've ever done is enjoy RPing together, and I'm nearly certain we've never actually denied you anything when we've been in any kind of position of power together.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan