Author Topic: Changing Reverted Bonds  (Read 5671 times)

House Talratheon

• Knight
    • View Profile
Changing Reverted Bonds
« Topic Start: October 01, 2012, 09:37:03 AM »
Title: Changing Reverted Bonds

Summary: Currently as the system is paused characters from auto paused, cold pause or vacation pause have their bonds reverted to the King. Their bonds should be reverted to direct liege. After all, all gold they earned within said estate was earned under the allowance of their direct liege.

Details: Change the code to send bonds to the Direct Liege instead of the King
  • Inactive/Paused Knight's bonds --> Regional Lord
  • Inactive/Paused Regional Lord --> Duke
  • Inactive/Paused Duke --> King
  • Inactive/Paused King --> Equally to Realm Dukes

Benefits: Benefits that Regional Lords hom have had long standing knights who suddenly go inactive are given the fruits of their knight's labor rather than to the King. As bonds are sent to regional lords rather than to King are likely to be used in the regional expediently than held by King or sent to family.

Possible Exploits: None come to mind

House Talratheon

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Changing Reverted Bonds
« Reply #1: October 01, 2012, 09:39:34 AM »
Only issue I see with this is disagreement with relocation of reverted bonds or coding difficulties.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #2: October 01, 2012, 01:22:08 PM »
agreed in principle, some details will have to be worked out.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: October 01, 2012, 02:30:32 PM »
Tax them at the receiver's tax rate. So a paused knight's gold would go to the lord, but be taxed by the duke, who also gets taxed by the king, just like on tax day.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: October 01, 2012, 03:43:15 PM »
though...... what makes you think all that dole came from the estate only?

obviously wherever it came from, someone will get a bonus anyway.
firefox

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #5: October 01, 2012, 04:22:28 PM »
This functionality would require quite a bit more information to be kept than is currently, so it will not be a trivial change and should go through the feature voting process to determine implementation date.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: October 01, 2012, 05:59:26 PM »
I like Indrik's idea. 
In some ways it would be nice to tweak it so that when a knight pauses all the knights in the region would benefit as well.  Perhaps it could be split among the estates and then taxed it's way up to the lord/duke/king.  For lords/dukes/kings the option could either be that the funds are given to lieges or to estates under their authority.  Meaning all regions in a duchy would benefit from their Duke, and all regions in the realm would benefit a very small amount from the king.  What happens now if there is no duke at tax time?  Does the crown get anything from the duchy?
It all depends on whether you want the gold going up or down.  in either case you have to make an exception at the top or bottom.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: October 01, 2012, 07:38:42 PM »
Just add bonds from paused Knights / Lords to the Tax Income of their Region (Other Income) and Tax Day will handle the rest. Bonds from Nobles without an Estate can still go directly to the Ruler. Bonds from Dukes without land can go directly to the Duchy Income (Perhaps even if they have land).

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #8: October 01, 2012, 07:42:55 PM »
Just add bonds from paused Knights / Lords to the Tax Income of their Region (Other Income) and Tax Day will handle the rest. Bonds from Nobles without an Estate can still go directly to the Ruler. Bonds from Dukes without land can go directly to the Duchy Income (Perhaps even if they have land).

There is currently no concept of "other income" for regions and duchies, only realms.  :)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: October 01, 2012, 07:51:23 PM »
Yes, it would require a new line in the Tax Report next to Guildhouse Taxes, Building Maintenance etc., but I believe that's the most elegant solution while achieving what is being asked. Basically the same thing that is currently being done on Realm Level moves to being done on Duchy and Region level as well.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: October 02, 2012, 03:40:25 AM »
Just dump it right in the tax coffers, where the daily tax income is stored until tax day. It's not really a big deal, is it?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

House Talratheon

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: October 02, 2012, 07:26:59 AM »
I basically brought this up because 3 knights in my region went inactive and all bonds go to the King and I was thinking well.. that doesn't seem right they served in my region for the past six month and pledged oaths of loyalty directly to he/she who offered them the estate (me.)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 07:28:38 AM by House Talratheon »

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: October 02, 2012, 07:39:13 AM »
I basically brought this up because 3 knights in my region went inactive and all bonds go to the King and I was thinking well.. that doesn't seem right they served in my region for the past six month and pledged oaths of loyalty directly to he/she who offered them the estate (me.)

Death Taxes often go that way :)
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: October 04, 2012, 01:33:43 AM »
This should probably be an optional government feature where the King or banker can choose to use the proposed heirarchy OR have the gold sent to himself or better yet, the "dead" nobles family. Never made sense to me that a realm could claim the nobles wealth

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #14: October 04, 2012, 09:49:23 AM »
This should probably be an optional government feature where the King or banker can choose to use the proposed heirarchy OR have the gold sent to himself or better yet, the "dead" nobles family. Never made sense to me that a realm could claim the nobles wealth

It's a game-balance thing. If people leave the game, that money would otherwise vanish from the game.